Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Onesweetgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 08:52 PM
    Preparing Journal Entries and Trial Balances
    Exercise 2-4

Prepare general journal entries for the following transactions of a new business called Pose for Pics.

Aug. 1 Hashim Paris, the owner, invested $7,500 cash and $32,500 of photography equipment in the business.

1 Paid $3,000 cash for an insurance policy covering the next 24 months.

5 Purchased office supplies for $1,400 cash.

20 Received $2,650 cash in photography fees earned.

31 Paid $875 cash for August utilities.

Exercise 2-5
    Use the information in Exercise 2-4 to prepare an August 31 trial balance for Pose-for-Pics. Open these T-accounts: Cash; Office Supplies; Prepaid Insurance; Photography Equipment; H. Paris, Capital; Photography Fees Earned; and Utilities Expense. Post the general journal entries to these T-accounts (which will serve as the ledger), and prepare a trial balance.

Problem 2-2A

Shelton Engineering completed the following transactions in the month of June.

a. Shania Shelton, the owner, invested $105,000 cash, office equipment with a value of $6,000, and $45,000 of drafting equipment to launch the business.

b. Purchased land worth $54,000 for an office by paying $5,400 cash and signing a long-term note
    payable for $48,600.

c. Purchased a portable building with $75,000 cash and moved it onto the land acquired in b.

d. Paid $6,000 cash for the premium on an 18-month insurance policy.

e. Completed and delivered a set of plans for a client and collected $5,700 cash.

f. Purchased $22,500 of additional drafting equipment by paying $10,500 cash and signing a long-term note payable for $12,000.

g. Completed $12,000 of engineering services for a client. This amount is to be received in 30 days.

h. Purchased $2,250 of additional office equipment on credit.

I. Completed engineering services for $18,000 on credit.

j. Received a bill for rent of equipment that was used on a recently completed job. The $1,200 rent must be paid within 30 days.

k. Collected $7,200 cash in partial payment from the client described in transaction g.

l. Paid $1,500 cash for wages to a drafting assistant.

m. Paid $2,250 cash to settle the account payable created in transaction h.

n. Paid $675 cash for minor repairs to the drafting equipment.

o. Shelton withdrew $9,360 cash for personal use.

p. Paid $1,500 cash for wages to a drafting assistant.

q. Paid $3,000 cash for advertisements in the local newspaper during June.

Required

1. Prepare general journal entries to record these transactions (use the account titles listed in
    part 2).

2. Open the following accounts—their account numbers are in parentheses (use the balance column format): Cash (101); Accounts Receivable (106); Prepaid Insurance (108); Office Equipment (163); Drafting Equipment (164); Building (170); Land (172); Accounts Payable (201); Notes Payable (250); S. Shelton, Capital (301); S. Shelton, Withdrawals (302); Engineering Fees Earned (402); Wages Expense (601); Equipment Rental Expense (602); Advertising Expense (603); and Repairs Expense (604). Post the journal entries from part 1 to the accounts and enter the balance after each posting.

3. Prepare a trial balance as of the end of this month’s operations
    RoA Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 05:09 AM
    There are something I'm not doing
    Please do it yourself, because I lack of time
    :p:p
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xls accounting answer.xls (21.0 KB, 631 views)
    RoA Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 05:10 AM

hey... tell me whether the answer is correct or not... Thx ^^
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2009, 11:39 AM

RoA, we are absolutely not here to just do people's homework for them and then provide all the answers. It's their work and they should show an attempt to do that work. We are here to then guide them, not just give it away to them. I'm sure there are plenty of examples in the book, and if they didn't understand from the examples, they won't understand just looking at answers you provide.

It's sad that I also have to keep explaining to people that it's unethical as well.

Please don't do this again.

BOTH of you need to read the guidelines about posting homework problems:
    Ask Me Help Desk - Announcements in Forum : Homework Help
    rhafeez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2011, 08:29 PM
    The company provide services to a client and collected cash
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2011, 08:32 PM

Debit Cash for the amount of cash received
    Credit Service Revenue for the amount
    teenirani Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 07:46 AM
    Trial balance for exercise 2-4 is 42,650
    Trial balance for exercise 2-2A is 253,500

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting preparing general journal entries [ 6 Answers ]

I know how to do simple general journal entries. Although I am having trouble how to set it up for this problem. I haven't done any general journal entreis like this one can someone help me with it how it suppost took I am confused. Shelton Engineering completed the following transactions in the...

Journal Entries, Adjusting Entries, and Trial and Adjusted Trial Balance [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with this? I'm confused on how to post these and how to prepare the Adjusted Trial Balance. Window Washing Company opened on July 1, 2010. During July the following transactions were completed. July 1 Issued 14,456 shares of common stock for $14,456 cash. July...

Preparing Journal Entries [ 3 Answers ]

Prepare the journal entries on December 31, 2002, May 11, 2003, and June 12, 2003. Presented below are two independent situations. (a) On March 3, Lisa Ceja Appliances sells $700,000 of its receivables to Horatio Factors Inc. Horatio Factors assesses a finance charge of 3% of the amount of...

Preparing journal entries [ 3 Answers ]

I have a homework problem that I cannot seem to figure out because my teacher doesn't really teach us. Jones company is a furniture retailer and uses the perpetual inventory system. On January 14 2007 jones purchased merchandise inventory at a cost of 25000. Credit terms were 2/10, n/30. The...

View more questions Search