Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ozzienelson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 08:56 PM
    New Trane AC/Htg - AC not blowing cold air
    I had a complete new Trane AC/Htng system installed in August 2006. We've been in cooler temperatures but have warmed up. Today, I turned the thermostat to "cool" and it has been running and running but the temperature is just rising, rising, rising. It's at 77 now - not too bad, I know, but this is not how it is supposed to work!

I've called the company who installed it, but have not received a phonecall back. Answering service says if you don't say "emergency" they won't call until Monday.

Is is something simple or is the new system faulty?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2007, 09:40 PM
    It could be a faulty system, if it weren't it would be cooling your house. But it could be a problem that will not require a complete replacement of the system. It could be a simple leak, or a loose connection or a blown circuit breaker or fuse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heater is blowing cold air [ 4 Answers ]

Why is my car's heater blowing cold air?

Trane XL80 blowing cold air [ 3 Answers ]

My mom's Trane XL80 is blowing cold air. Not always, just sometimes. The first serviceman said it was a dirty filter. So, the filter was changed, and it started happening again. The second serviceman (different company) said it might need a fresh air intake. Mom's house is approx 90 years old, the...

My heater is blowing cold air [ 2 Answers ]

My heater is blowing cold air

Cold Air Registers Blowing Cold Air [ 3 Answers ]

Our cold air registers are blowing cold air worse than if the windows were open. The hot air registers blow cold air but not as forceful (maybe because they are 1/3 the size of the returns) This only happens when the furnace is off and we are heating with the wood stoves. We have metal ducting...

Day & Night forced air heater keeps blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday my heater was working as normal. Today I replaced the filter in my Day & Night forced air heater. Later I bumped my thermostat when walking by it, but I'm not certain that this caused the problem. My heater turned on and blew hot air. I turned it all the way down, but the fan...

View more questions Search