Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wprince1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2006, 04:54 PM
    Ice cubes won't release from tray
    I have an Amana Side by Side. The old ice maker had the coating in the tray coming off but it produced plenty of cubes. I installed a new Whirlpool ice maker and it worked fine for about 36 hours. The problem now is that the cubes won't release from the tray. You can hear the ejector shaft straining, trying to eject the cubes, but they won't come out. I heated the tray with a hair drier and the cubes cycled out. Is there a temperature adjustment or something?
    Thanks, WPrince
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Oct 21, 2006, 09:57 AM
    There is a heater inside the tray that should turn on when it starts to cycle. There is no adjustment on those. Make sure that the large white gear behind the front cover is snapped inplace all the way. The back of that gear has the electrical contacts on it. The two plastic tabs in the center of the gear is what holds them in place and they break very easly. WHP shortened the warranty on those from 1yr to I beleve 90 days. If its been less than that then I would return it for a new one

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hide icon tray.. [ 4 Answers ]

I want to hide tray icon of my open program so that other can't use it... I all ready try systrayx it good but demo version is now enddate, so I'm just trying to find if there is any tray icon hider available "FREE SOFTWARE" :D...

Cat Not Using litter tray all the time [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a 12 year old Domestic Short haird Female cat who is desexed, she has lived out doors most of her life but now she is living indoors, its been a few months now, anyway I bought her a litter tray. I put the litter tray in the laundry and that is also where she eats but it is not right...

Ice Maker Won't Make Ice on its Own [ 0 Answers ]

In addition to the jacuzzi issue, my ice maker won't produce ice on its own. The family who lived here before me never had it connected; the refrigerator is not quite 2 years old. It's a Kitchen-Aid. If I fill up the tray with water, it eventually freezes and the ice is released. I can hear water...

Little green computer no longer in tray [ 10 Answers ]

I have a dial-up connection and after I had to re-install the modem the little green computer disappeared from the tray by the clock. Is there a way to put it back or get it back? Have Win98SE, and can't boot into safe mode only into dos. Thanks for your detailed help.

DOS CD Tray Closing Program [ 1 Answers ]

May 11, 2004 People, I'm running Windows 98SE and I use Ghost 2003 Extensivly to make updated Image files of my C Drive in case of a screw-up. I write Batch files to automate the process so I can do other things while the Image is made and

View more questions Search