Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    biggyjcp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Where do I start looking for grants to start up construction business in Mn.
    Hello,I am John and I would appreciate any help I could get on finding some grants or low interest loans for starting a concrete contracting business.I have searched some sites but most want money for a kit.My credit is not very good and I am just trying to start a small construction business.I am not looking for anything real big,just enough to buy a used skidster and a smaller dump truck.The area I live in looks like a lot of opportunities are opening up for this type of work.Thank you for any help you give me.
    life1973happened Posts: 322, Reputation: 109
    -

Jan 17, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Hello Mr. Minnesota...
    I'm from Minnesota, it's nice to see a fellow Minnesotan!

Here's some links that I think can help you. Good luck to you and I hope you have a successful business. Remember even if you are not going to be borrowing money, write a business plan and follow it.

Department of Employment and Economic Development publishes A Guide to Starting a Business in Minnesota that is available free of charge. Copies may be ordered online or by calling the publications order line at (651) 556-8425 or toll-free in Greater Minnesota at (800) 310-8323.

A website you have to check out is..

Start a Business

Small Business Assistance Office
    651.296.3871 or 1.800.657.3858
    The Small Business Assistance Office, a part of the Minnesota Department of Trade and Economic Development, serves as a point of first and continuing contact for individuals and firms with questions about the start-up, operation or expansion of a business in Minnesota . The Office seeks to remedy what economists call the "problem of information cost." That is, it is often very expensive -- in terms of money, time, expertise, and lost opportunity -- for a business person to obtain information necessary or useful to business operations. The State of Minnesota seeks to reduce those costs by having the Small Business Assistance Office provide business related publications and technical assistance free-of-charge.

Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development (DTED)
    651.297.1291 or 1.800.657.3858
    DTED helps Minnesota businesses to grow and expand, while simultaneously supporting new entrepreneurial enterprises and attracting new businesses to the state. Department services include business financing and incentive funding, site selection, project coordination and technical assistance. DTED also provides information on customized training, state and local financial resources and international trade assistance.

Saint Paul Business Resource Center
    One stop shop for information on business resources and assistance in Saint Paul.

www.sba.gov

Grants.gov

For Small Business Grants Look to the States

Good luck, this should get you started.
    haygood Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2011, 10:08 AM
    I looking for grant a stat up day care
    varkis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2012, 08:01 AM
    I looking for buisnes loan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to start your own business [ 2 Answers ]

I want to open my own business I know what I want to open but don't know how to start can any one help?:)

Want to start Business. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm interested in starting my own business but I have no idea as to how or what to do. I would appreciate if you can help me. I do know that this is an odd question but I'm serious.Thanks. Stephen

Start Up For Business [ 2 Answers ]

I want to open up a small restaurant.. in the detroit Michigan area.. I'm 100% sure this will be a success.. the only thing stopping me is that financially I am not capable of affording it... if I can get someone to invest in me and help me start up they will not regret it

Start Business [ 1 Answers ]

I'm always expecting to find any chances to make my own living. But everything seems very difficult at the beginning. And I came to the conclude recently that if I import goods from other countries at a low price, and then sell them in China (I'm Chinese) maybe profitable. But you know, China is a...

Want to start a business [ 2 Answers ]

Iwant to know if someone can tell me if there are some secrets to put an internet business, I have the opportunity to sell handbags.. Thank you Marisol:confused:

View more questions Search