Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cwuga2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 07:00 PM
    Nec codes neededfor underground wiring to 120v landscape lights
    I am cocerned about my land scape lights issue , I am using underground UF romex .the lights are 120 volt how deep does the wire need to be buried?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2007, 03:29 AM
    If this cable is no more than a 20 amp 120 volt and GFI protected, meaning the entire buried cable is protected,the depth can be 12 inches.

Otherwise the depth must be 18 inches.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring driving lights [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to hook up driving lights to an 1999 Honda Accord EX. Previously when doing this I have controlled the driving light relay by a line running from the highbeam headlight to the relay and then to ground. Now when I do this the driving lights remain on continuously. ...

Wiring 120V light from 240V source [ 6 Answers ]

I currently have a well house that has a 240V source on 12-2 wire powering a submersible well pump. I would like to wire in a 120V light. Can this be done using the 12-2 wire already in place or do I need to remove the 12-2 wire and install 12-3 wire? (It is approximately 60ft from the main house...

Underground wiring advice [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I am currently in the middle of digging a trench from my house to my garage, in order to wire the garage. What I would like to know is this: I live in NYC, which frowns upon the use of PVC in electrical work (i.e. no Romex, PVC boxes, non-metallic conduit, etc.), so I'm assuming I cannot...

Wiring one switch for multiple lights [ 2 Answers ]

I understand the wiring for a single switch for a single light but what do I do with multiple lights on the one switch without making the whole circuit run off that switch. There are other outlets that need constant power on the same line as the two lights.

120v/208v single phase appliance wiring [ 2 Answers ]

Recently purchased a coffee machine that has the above reqts. I understand that it has 220 and 110v circuits that need power. I also purchased a generator to power this brewer outside. If I use a NEMA L14-30P plug, to connect into the generator, What is the sequence of wiring for the plug three...

View more questions Search