Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Swoodka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 07:10 AM
    24V Electronic Air Filter
    I purchased an Electronic Air filter to replace my standard HVAC filter. The filter came with a 24V transformer that plugs into a standard AC outlet, but it has been recommended to me to wire it directly to the 24V transformer on the HVAC controller so that it is only "on" when air is blowing past it. (In addition, I don't have an AC outlet in the room, so I have an extension cord running across the floor!)
    Which wires can I tie this into so that the filter will receive power when the fan, and/or, the Heat/AC is on?
    Thanks for any help.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2007, 10:30 AM
    I have no idea what kind of furnace you have but some of the later furnaces (10 to 15 years) have a terminal you can connect to for a air cleaner. There should be a wiring diagram on the door of the furnace or you should have a home owners booklet.
    Swoodka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Thank you so much! After closer inspection I did find the optional Air Filter hookup!
    jenniges Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2018, 02:45 PM
    I have a Climatec air filter 24 vac/DC 2 watt Model 1000/2000. 14 X 20. I'm not sure the static charge is working. I change the filters which are not really dirty,
    When first installed I use to hear snapping as the filter worked. I now hear nothing. Is there any way to operationally check to see if the charge exists between the charged middle screen and the two outer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

24v Transformer [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to find a good source for a 24v transformer. I am working on a project that will use a digital home thermostat to control a couple of 24v relays. I've found all of the parts but a suitable, cheap, 24v thransformer. I thought this would be the easiest part to find but it is turning...

Changing Air Filter on Carrier 58STA090 Unit [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the air filter on a Carrier 58STA090 Gas Furnace? How often should it be changed? Can I do this myself?

Accord 2003 - Air filter screws stuck [ 1 Answers ]

I just broke 2 phillips screwdrivers attempting to remove the air filter cover of my Accord 2003. Only one screw unlocked. Bad move, I used an impact driver on another one and lightly broke the pastic casing. It still seems usable. How do I remove these screws? Is drilling the screws off the only...

24v transformer bad [ 3 Answers ]

My 24v transformer is bad on my gas pack heat and ac unit. I replace the transformer 2 months ago... I replaced it again yesterday. This time it went bad in 4-hours. What is shorted to blow the transformer? Also, DC is used to pull the a/c and fan relays, right? Where is the 24v ac...

Finding the 24V AC and ground for elec. Filter [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I want to install an electrostatic filter in my furnace. The filter's power source requires 24 V AC. The wire is split with black (for the 24 V AC) and white for the ground. I'm not experienced at all with wiring, so when I open the panel I have no idea where to connect these two...

View more questions Search