Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 23, 2013, 06:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardCF View Post
    Thanks, Alty. Basically I agree. But if I had to do it over again, I would probably have done it to keep the peace. Ultimately my responsibility is to my department. And I do think this person over reacted. It really was a case of everyone could have done better. it happens.
    It does. We're only human after all.

I'd fight this, because I really think you didn't deserve to be written up.

Please let me know how it goes. I'm on your side, sadly I can only offer support, nothing else.

Good luck.
    RichardCF Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

May 23, 2013, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    It does. We're only human after all.

I'd fight this, because I really think you didn't deserve to be written up.

Please let me know how it goes. I'm on your side, sadly I can only offer support, nothing else.

Good luck.
    I will post when it gets resolved. Probably by mid week next week I should know something. I've already been told my jobs OK, because this isn't the norm for me. Just a bad day for everyone, I guess. Just irritating when things get so foolish.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 23, 2013, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardCF View Post
    I will post when it gets resolved. Probably by mid week next week I should know something. I've already been told my jobs OK, because this isn't the norm for me. Just a bad day for everyone, I guess. Just irritating when things get so foolish.
    That's the nature of the beast when it comes to a customer service oriented job. You can't make everyone happy.

Still, I don't see where you went wrong. Frankly, I'm ticked off about all of this. In fact, I think I'm more ticked off than you are. ;)

But please, let me know how it goes, and I wish you the best of luck resolving it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 23, 2013, 08:09 PM
    After reading this, I will agree, the superivisor over reacted, but it is within their right to write you up. The customer, is the first priority at a business. Not fixing a cabinet, so if it had to wait till tomorrow to be fixed, helping or doing something about customer always comes first.

I doubt the boss/owner will remove the write up, since the supervisor had a right to do so, He may talk to the supervisor in private about it, but the issue will be that the supervisors right to give instructions and orders has to be respected. The owner would be amiss in allow an employee not to follow orders without penalty
    RichardCF Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jun 1, 2013, 03:07 PM
    Outcome was: Manager supported the front desk supervisor, but the higher ups - corporate - said that a supervisor from another department can only ask someone outside of their department to do something - but they can't enforce an insubordination charge if the person declining to help hasn't been rude or disrespectful. I was neither, so the write up is dead in the water.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 1, 2013, 03:30 PM
    Good. Thanks for letting us know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insubordination is a false acusation [ 4 Answers ]

I was terminated from my job due to subordination to my supervisor and violation of standards of conduct. I never displayed unnaceptable conduct to my supervisor or any member of management and I never violated the company standards... I was a packing operator on the second shift but I requested a...

Accused of insubordination - Bully Boss [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Team, Facts: Supervisor join company and engage in move files and boxes out of the office. The files contain important information which is required for audit and immediate enquiries. Supervisor do not consult me or involve me, and I found out that information I need was moved to be...

Insubordination? [ 11 Answers ]

I had an accident at the office. I slid down the stairs. My office manager (not my general manager), also a friend, did not even bothered asking how I am. I made a status in Facebook saying "Who wants to get hurt? I'm s really starting to wonder why I even bother with some people. When it's clear I...

Terminated for insubordination [ 3 Answers ]

I have been terminated from my job. Reason given, insubordination! I have never been written up for any reason and has only missed 2 days of work. After reviewing the work schedule for the rest of November, I noticed that I was scheduled to work on a day where I was scheduled to work at my other...

Accused of insubordination [ 10 Answers ]

My supervisor accused me of insubordination because I shut a door to loudly after she put her finger to her mouth indicating that I was speaking to loudly. During this repremand she said to me "Whether you like it or not I am your supervisor". I have never once indicated or spoken words to...

View more questions Search