Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    si_ryder Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 03:20 AM
    Civic code 9 (CYP) Sensor Error
    Hi I have a problem with my honda civic... Its popping out code 9 which is the cylinder position sensor (CYP)... I bought a new distributor for it but is still popping out the error code... was told I might need to replace wiring... so I was woundering if I change the engine harness will it be fix... thanks in advance and please give me some idea on what to do.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 1, 2008, 09:44 AM
    . Reset ECM.
    . Check for poor connections or loose wires at the shock tower, distributor connector, and ECM (possibly pins B11 and B12).

If the problem persists, substitute a known-good ECM and recheck.

Jan 6, 2008, 02:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by txgreasemonkey
    . Reset ECM.
    . Check for poor connections or loose wires at the shock tower, distributor connector, and ECM (possibly pins B11 and B12).

If the problem persists, substitute a known-good ECM and recheck.

I got the engine light to go away but it is still lagging when you accel until you get to like 3000 or 3500 rpm... do you know anything about it thanks

Jan 6, 2008, 05:54 PM
    I got the engine light to go away but it is still lagging when you accel until you get to like 3000 or 3500 rpm... do you know anything about it thanks
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2008, 06:08 PM
    We have had many problems on this site with aftermarket distributor housings, which involve the CYP, CKP, and TDC sensors. I only recommend genuine Honda distributor housings.

Jan 6, 2008, 09:27 PM
    My distributor is from honda... but I don't know why its lagging when I accel
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2008, 09:30 PM
    . Did you reset your ECM?

. Have you recently replaced your spark plugs (NGK only)?

Jan 7, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Yes I have
    JDMB18C Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2011, 11:32 PM
    Cams out of sync. Tdc the crank see if the cams line up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MAP sensor;Mass Airflow sensor;Volume Air sensor-All Same? [ 8 Answers ]

97 Nissan Pickup - 160,000 miles - KA24E engine -Check engine Soon Light Code reader says volume air sensor. Is this the same as a mass airflow sensor or the MAP sensor? Where is this sensor located, in the throttle body injection? Just threw a new O2 (Bosch)sensor on it, I lost that bet.. it...

93' civic error code 0, cranks but won't start [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, My 93 civic hatch died on me the other day while driving. It pretty much felt like I had run out of gas, even though I had a half tank left. So I got it towed to my house, and performed the little paper clip diagnostic test, and when I did, the check engine light came on and stayed on. When...

94 Honda Civic LX CYP Sensor Error, Won't Run Smooth And Car Stutters [ 2 Answers ]

My car's a 1994 Honda Civic LX and has not had any major work done on it other then having my distributor replaced last Summer. It has 160,000 miles on it and has always run fine. Since the engine light has come on my car has began to stutter while waiting at a stop light and while I'm parking. ...

Honda civic code 9 cyp sensor how to repair [ 1 Answers ]

I got the engine light coming on at different occasions not always, checked and got error 9, as per honda manual I tested the points on connectors for cyp, on male connector, I got right ohmage reading, on female I get a open reading,meaning from one point to ground there is continuity, My...

View more questions Search