Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gale Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 12:03 PM
    continued pain after fall
    I tripped on a curb exactly 8 days ago and fell on my left side hitting my head, arm, rib. It was a very strong fall. The x-rays showed no breakage to arm nor rib, but I was in a lot of pain. The pain has subsided somewhat but I still have limited use of my arm, my left side still hurts and now my back hurts as well, which never did before. Is this a temporary situation or should I expect long term pain in these areas. Thank you!
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2007, 12:25 PM
    I would go back to the doctor. You may have a cervical injury. Quite often you will initially feel arm pain with a neck injury, and it is not unusual for your back to hurt 3 days or more after a fall.

I really suspect that if you hit your head and injured your rib and arm on one side, that the jar was enough to cause neck problems. I am an advocate of immediate physiotherapy for these types of injuries. A neck or back injury can take 8 to 12 weeks to improve, but there can be long-term, lasting effects if the appropriate treatment is not received in the first 4 to 6 weeks.

Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Continued drywall cracks [ 5 Answers ]

Hey folks, I moved into a new home about 14 months ago. We had a foundation problem where the foundation cracked and one of the back corners sunk about 3 inches. The builder has fixed the foundation problem (he called in Olshan) and has fixed most of the interior problems. One problem we are...

Declaration of Emancipation Continued [ 4 Answers ]

I live in South Dakota. I just recently turned 17. I want so badly to move in with my older brother who is 23. It just seems like each fight my parents and I have it gets worse and worse. I want to leave, but I know that there is no way my parents would let me leave. They are too controlling and...

Basement finishing continued [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, thanks skiberger for the advice, I'll try the test spot of plastic. Now for a plumbing question: I have all the rough for the bathroom in but the only drain vented is for the sink. Does that mean the toilet and shower will vent through that on OK or do they need to have a vent as well?

Continued pain, post-rootcanal [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all. Wow. I'm in some serious pain. After waiting a couple months with tooth pain that I was avoiding paying attention to... a few weeks ago I had the first step of a root canal done, got a temporary filling and then had to wait until I could get back into the dentist office again. Which...

View more questions Search