Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmc300 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Out of state vacations
    I have joint custody of my two daughters . I am taking a vacation out of state with them for one week. Do I need permission from their father for the girls to go?
    carolh Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Apr 10, 2007, 05:54 AM
    What does your parenting agreement say? Usually you have to advise that you are going and leave a phone number where you can be reached.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 10, 2007, 05:59 AM
    If the vacation impacts a scheduled visitation for the father then you may have to get his permission. Otherwise, I think it wopuld be nice of you to give him a heads up, but you shouldn't need his permission to go on a vacation.
    kmc300 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 10:37 AM
    I asked the kids dad and told him he could keep the kids week before so that his visitation would not be inhibited. He said OK to the vacation and told me he would sign a permission note that the kids could go with me. Thanks for the advice!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 states: Can I credit state tax of one state to other state [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 W-2. One from job in Mass. Mass state tax is withheld in that W-2. Then I moved to NC and got a new job in NC. NC state tax is withheld in this second jobs W-2. Both W-2 only have state tax withheld from their corresponding states. So can I credit taxes of one state to another and...

No state withholding by out of state employer? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Arizona and am an employee of a company based in Washington, DC. I noticed on my W2 that they did not withhold any state taxes at all for last year. Is it legal for them to fail to withhold state taxes for an out-of-state employee? Second question if you don't mind: I have Foreign...

Federal return collected by state for state liability [ 1 Answers ]

I live in wi and filed married jointly I owe the wisc. Dep. Of revenue money but I have paid off the IRS . I filed my fed. Return electronicly and it was accepded, can the wisc .dep. Of rev. take my fed tax return? Or will my fed return be deposited in my account that I have specified with my...

View more questions Search