Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Sep 6, 2009, 03:25 PM
    AMHD Conventions
    I have a crazy idea that is not that realistic but would be very fun in theory. Since most of our member are from the USA with a few Canadians, I was thinking we could have annual AMHD conventions in major cities in North America. The convention could be held at a large hotel and members would travel there on a certain weekend every year. We would all wear nametags with our AMHD login names and everyone could meet and talk. I think it would be really fun to do.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2009, 04:26 PM

People have suggested that on a couple of the past sites like this. Nothing ever came of it and some people like being anonymous.
    If you had it here I would go... it got to bet this G-20 we are having.
    You can come to my High School reunion on Oct 10
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2009, 12:03 AM

Since most of our member are from the USA with a few Canadians,
    :rolleyes:

How about we hold it in Australia, there are a few of us here :D

I'm with N0help though, most of the people on here like keeping themselves annonymous.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 7, 2009, 05:42 AM

This is neither a crazy idea nor a new one. Local, regional and national get togethers have been proposed several times. But, especially in today's economy, travel budgets are tight and generally nothing comes of it.

Planning something like this requires some advance planning and often people don't want to commit that far ahead.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2009, 09:14 AM

My vote is somewhere beautiful with a beach, where wearing a nametag would be difficult... :cool:
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    My vote is somewhere beautiful with a beach, where wearing a nametag would be difficult...:cool:
    I take it that it would be a nudist beach then :p

Anywhere with a bar is fine by me, the underage ones can sit just outside drinking mocktails :cool:
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 09:26 AM

Like a nudist beach?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2009, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    Like a nudist beach?
    Doesn't have to be that. I am just saying, if we are on the beach the guys won't have shirts on so I won't be wearing a nametag, and if the girls are wearing proper attire they will have no room for a nametage either! ;)
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 09:46 AM

True, true..

http://www.babeskickass.com/pics/cri...1643c0b88b.jpg

(k, well it's not nudity but is is a rather small bikini so I thought I had better just post the link :p)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 04:09 PM

I hate name tags. Only wear them when the boss says LINDA WHERES your name tag!?
    I'm up for it. Convention center is booked with Obama sometime this month, I have my school reunion next month. Squeeze it in here somewhere sometime and I got to make it.
    Wouldn't want to pass it up for anything.
    Just no name tags.

JUDY I need to hitch a ride again!
    andrewc24301 Posts: 374, Reputation: 29

Sep 9, 2009, 07:36 PM
    Really, all you need is just people on board. If you look at AMHD's stats, you will see there are thousands of members, some of them very active. Really, just anouth members within an a few hundred miles of each other just need to network together and agree on a meeting place.

A pot luck would be cool.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thank you, AMHD [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1989 honda civic hatch back with about 170k+ on the engine it stopped click miles at 168k and that was two years ago so it is possiable that it has over 200k on it. The car is awesome and saves me a ton of money!! But recently I could not get it started. It would turn over but never start....

Concepts and Conventions of accounting [ 1 Answers ]

Illustrating with examples, what is the conflict between the following concepts: I) The matching rule and the materiality convention ii) The materiality convention and the objectivity convention iii) The separate entity assumption and the substance over form convention

Anime conventions on ny [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for Anime Conventions in New York or New Jersey. Somewhere near New York city would be cool. Appreciate the help! :) :cool: :D O_O? Anybody? Anyone at all? O_o Does any one even watch anime or play video games?

Switch naming conventions [ 2 Answers ]

What are Switch naming conventions? If you could please direct me to a website that explains it that would be great or explian it to me that would also be great. I tried Google but always end up with some company.

View more questions Search