Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dualstatus Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 06:41 AM
    Scalped tickets
    My daughter bought tickets online from a company based in IL. Turns out they are scalpers. NC has a law against this that says: One can resell tickets to special events, such as athletic games, for no more than the face value of the ticket plus a "reasonable service fee" not to exceed $3. G.S. 14-344. Does this law govern only in person sales or is scalping in general illegal in NC? I have contacted the company with this information and they won't refund the money. If I send the tickets back and dispute this with the bank, would that be legal?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2008, 06:45 AM
    So did you change your mind about going to the event ?

And this firm is also not in NC they are in Il.

If you did not want to buy the tickets why did you ?

You purchased the tickets, they sent them, unless they will agree to take them back, I would say go and enjoy the event.
    dualstatus Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 07:47 AM
    As I said, my daughter bought the tickets, naïve teenager that did not know that she could buy the tickets from Walnut Creek. She still wants to go, but to pay $160 for tickets that are worth $40 is unfair. Yes, she should have known better, but they also should not be doing something illegal by selling tickets to someone in NC.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 28, 2008, 08:14 AM
    This is part of the interent issues, since they sold them from their state, it would be hard if not impossible to charge them with a crime that is not illegal in their state.

While I hate the business and they take advantage of everyone, you should see them in Atlanta for Ball Games here, but here the worst problem is fake tickets.

But unless they will agree to take them back, I don't see any real legal recourse. You may contact the Attorney General of your state and see if they have any ideas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scalped cat [ 5 Answers ]

Our neutered tom has had a series of losing encounters with a neighbourhood cat (now gone) which have left him with a torn scalp. We have been to the vet several times to have him stitched up and the last time she cut the skin flap off and kept him in a cage for 3 weeks hoping it would heal over....

Football tickets [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I don't know if anyone can help me. Ive tried getting tickets to a football game but they sold out. I have found a website where people can sell their tickets but the tickets have that persons name on them. Will it be OK to buy the ticket even if its got someone else's name on it or will I be...

Driving tickets [ 3 Answers ]

I have not had a driving infraction for over 15 years- except in a different province. In the last two years I have been pulled over twice in another province. The first was for speeding (I was going with traffic flow but because my wife's car looks hopped up I was picked out and pulled over...

Cheap tickets [ 3 Answers ]

Do you know where I can find a cheap ticket from france to sacramento, California? All is just so expensive! :eek:

Buying Tickets in another country [ 1 Answers ]

I am an American currently living in Britain, but because of the dreadful foreign exchange rate, I'm wondering if it's possible to purchase tickets via a friend or a website in the US and pay with my credit card (also American). Is this possible? Thank you!

View more questions Search