Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lanusense Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 08:13 AM
    Furnace not reaching set temperature
    Similar problem Chickendoc has. The pemperature lebel shown in the thermostat is 67 while the setting is 72 when it stops. The furnace run short period of times. Some times it re-starts a few times stopping/re-starting succesively at same period of times. Finally, it gives up. What we are doing is lower the setting bellow the actual temperature and then we setting it up passing the actual temperature. We hear the starting "click" and system starts again.

The thermostat is an about two years old digital "Ritetemp" and the gas furnace is an about five years old Amstron Ultra V Tech 80.

Thank you

Eugenio
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2009, 08:36 AM
    Check the furnace for any status/diagnostic LEDs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heater Shuts off Before Reaching Set Temperature [ 5 Answers ]

I have a goodman a/c with electric heat strip (10kw) and vey recently it stated to turn off before reaching the set temperature. After a few minutes it will restart and run for a couple of minutes and then shut down again without reaching the setpoint. It always stops at 66 on the white rogers...

Furnace cuts off before reaching thermostate temp. [ 1 Answers ]

Installed new White-Rodgers board in lennox furnace. Furnace runs but shuts down before reaching thermostat temperature.

Furnace not reaching target temp [ 12 Answers ]

My furnace never reaches the target temperature on the thermostat. Even if I increase the temp on the thermostat, the temperature is never met. The current temp is set for 74 degrees, it was 62 this morning? The furnace is a Goodman, the thermostat is digital. I just replaced the thermostat...

Furnace shuts off before reaching thermostat setting [ 1 Answers ]

I own a Clare furnace model CHU 072 NH3A that runs for three minutes then shuts down for five minutes then restarts again. It has a primary limit switch and a burner limit switch. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Carier furnace shuts off before reaching temp [ 2 Answers ]

I have a carier weathermaker furnace that shuts off before reaching temp. any idea what could be the problem.

View more questions Search