Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lunatic06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2006, 02:54 PM
    Yahoo/SBC
    Hello, I have a friend who just recently purchased a Yahoo/SBC Dial Up software CD and is having problems now. Here's the short story. She installs the software OK, but when she restarts her PC, she gets a quick "blue screen of death" (too quick to read the message) and then her PC will not boot up in anything other than Safe Mode. We've uninstalled/reinstalled, we've installed it by customizing the installation, without all the Yahoo bells and whistles. All with the same results. She has a notebook (can't remember the manufacturer), but it worked for 2 days, now all of a sudden, she can't get even get into there PC without uninstalling all Yahoo components. She's running WinXP Home Edistion, SP2. She was using a wireless connection prior to SBC/Yahoo. I'm not a wireless expert, but for it to work for 2 days and now it doesn't work at all has me confused. After uninstalling the software, and clearing all components from the registry as well, her PC works fine, but without the software. She did a Restore Point and her computer boots up fine, but it lists the Yahoo/SBC programs in Add/Remove Programs, and she didn't even install it at that time. Any help would be appreciated. Since she can't get online, trying to help her out. John
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2006, 01:06 AM
    Hmmm... I guess the first thing I would try is to get a new copy of the Yahoo/SBC disk. They might have accidentally released a disk with some software incompatibilities on and have since released a new version of the disk that fixes the issue.

What might be an idea is to try a minimal install again. Then after the install before rebooting, click on Start >> Run and type in "MSConfig". Under the startup and services tabs, remove anything Yahoo related. That might help the PC boot up fully upon a restart.

Apart from that, just do a quick spyware scan to ensure the PC is spyware free as there might be a malicious program on the PC that is causing the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with Yahoo [ 7 Answers ]

Is there anywhere to report innappropriate behaviour on Yahoo? Can anyone find out who I am from the computer? Please I need an answer as soon as possible.

Changing Yahoo id [ 4 Answers ]

Can I chang my Yahoo id(username"?

To get Yahoo password [ 3 Answers ]

Someone hacked my Yahoo password... And change my security questions? In that I have stored my important documents... How get I back my password? Security questions is also changed.. Please help me to get back my password

Yahoo Help [ 2 Answers ]

When I go to the Yahoo help page, I get a blue screen and I have to highlight the pages to read the help items--this happens on several other pages too-just wondering why I have to highlight pages to read them--why isn't the background page white instead of dark blue?--Thanks so much

Yahoo games [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it when I click on games the page opens but it won`t let me play anything,does anybody know why

View more questions Search