Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whitekitty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2006, 11:32 AM
    Whirlpool dryer drum won't turn, with burning smell
    My Whirlpool dryer drum won't turn, after I set the setting and close the door, and there is a strong burning smell at that time.

It is only about 2 1/2 yrs old.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Cindy
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

May 27, 2006, 12:36 PM
    Either something is binding the drum, or the motor has failed. Can you turn the drum by hand? You said you get this smell after you close the door. I'm wondering if you have to press the start button to get the smell? Does the dryer make any humming sounds? It may also be a good idea to include the model number in your next reply. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Dryer won't turn on [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool dryer (model #LGR7646EQ2) that got a tennis show caught in between the drum and the door. I heard the shoe thumping, then the dryer stopped. I removed the tennis shoe, but the dryer won't start back up. I can turn the drum by hand, but the start button won't turn it on. ...

Drum won't turn on Whirlpool Dryer #LCG6848AQ1 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool gas dryer and the drum doesn't spin/turn on it. The blower motor works (I got a face full of lint to prove it) and I don't know if it's a separate motor that turns the drum. I started pulling the back off it and it looks like the belt is still on the drum. The door switch seems...

Dryer burning wiring [ 14 Answers ]

Originally my dryer had burned the plug on the power cord and the receptacle. I was told it could be a bad cord so I replaced it and it worked fine for several months. Now It has fried the wiring in the junction box in the house wiring about 6 feet from the dryer. Do I have some type of bearing...

Whirlpool Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool dryer which has stopped spinning, the motor still runs, and it still heats up. I would like to try and figure out what is wrong with it. The model number is #LER7646DQ0.

Burning smell in Hampton Bay [ 2 Answers ]

Just bought a new house that has Hampton Bay ceiling fans/lights in several rooms. Each one gets a hot or burning smell after they've been on awhile. Is there a break-in period for these things or did the builder wire something wrong, or do the 60W bulbs need to be 40W? :confused: A little...

View more questions Search