Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ondago Posts: 6, Reputation: -2

Jul 10, 2008, 09:47 PM
    Disputing Dr. bills
    I was wondering if you can dispute DR. bills with the credit bureaus. I have heard that it is even illegal for it to be on there. Is this true. I have disputed Dr. bills before and they sent me a letter back saying they can't even remove it. Can anyone help me with this question?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 10, 2008, 09:51 PM
    If you do not pay your doctor for a service they performed then they can most definitely report it to a collection agency, and then its put on your credit report. They are not going to remove it from your credit report for seven years (this is what I was told when asked why its still there). It will be in paid status once paid, but it'll still be there. And please explain what you mean by dispute.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Info on disputing items [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: I have an item I need to dispute with a collection agency and do not know how to start or word my dispute letter? One of these items was paid through a garnishment but is still showing up on the credit report as due. What's the info on disputing these items and how do I start and word my...

HUGE heating bills, VERY LOW cooling bills [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, first timer here. I bought this 43-year-old house last October, app 2000 sq ft, trilevel (main living level, 2 BR/bath up 7 stairs, 2 more BR/bath up 7 more stairs on top level). My heating bills last winter (2 year old Lennox AA600 80% efficiency furnace) were really high, around $300 per...

Disputing lien [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Fr_Chuck, WOW! That was quick. Thank you. She got this judgement after I'd moved. I knew nothing about it until Feb of this year. I didn't go to court because I knew nothing about it.

View more questions Search