Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waldo 66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 12:56 PM
    Programming DSC PC1832 alarm
    HI... How do I change the delay time on a DSC PC1832 STAY-ARM key to 30 seconds delay. Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2009, 07:04 AM

You need to enter Programming mode, go to location 005, and enter a 12 digit string(entry 1, entry 2, exit, and bell cuttoff. ## to exit.
    [005] System Times
    030 I_______I_______I_______I Entry Delay 1 (001-255 seconds) (5.15 “Entry/Exit Delay Options”)
    045 I_______I_______I_______I Entry Delay 2 (001-255 seconds) (5.15 “Entry/Exit Delay Options”)
    120 I_______I_______I_______I Exit Delay (001-255 seconds) (5.15 “Entry/Exit Delay Options”)
    004 I_______I_______I_______I Bell Cut-off (001-255 minutes) (5.12 “Siren”)
    Pizzlez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2013, 10:43 AM
    I'm having the same issue. I'm not sure how to program a 5500 keypad. Where do I need to go to change the setting for enter delay? What do I need to punch in? My bells goes off right away. Once I walk into the door. I don't understand the manual - it tells me 030045060. I don't understand what all this number means. Also when I press the stay mode. Whenever I walk through a motion. My bells goes off. How to I program my motion so that it does not alarm in stay mode.

Thanks,
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2013, 07:07 AM
    You need Installers code to change Delays and bell cuttoff.
    You show a 9 digit string, check manual to be sure of the length, PC 5010 and 1832 may be different. Verify.
    The first digits you have look like 30 second delay for Entry 1, and 45 seconds for Entry 2. Your manual will show exact length.
    The Motion needs to be programmed as 5(interior)
    Entry door needs to be programmed as "01"(Entry 1)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Programming a DSC PC1832 [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I'm installing and programming a basic home security system. I'm using a DSC PC1832 control panel. I have 2 keypads and a number of devices (door and window contacts, pir's, smoke and heat detectors). The home is divided into 2 suites (owner's and tenant's) and I've partitioned the...

Programming manual dsc pc1832 [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a programming manual for a dsc pc1832. Could anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks

What can I do about the Alarm [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2003 has 2 alarms because buttons on the key were damaged. When the alarm goes off the headlights go off and on. The problem is when I put the key in the lock and turn it, to disactivate the alarm, it won't turn off. There are 3 wire that are not connected inside the door panel I...

Car alarm keeps going off [ 2 Answers ]

I guess the guy I got the car from hooked up his alarm to the battery. The battery is dead I guess but now the alarm won't stop going off. I've tried everything with the remote but no hope. Is it the battery?? :confused:

View more questions Search