Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhf0313 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2006, 08:58 PM
    Air handler leaking
    My air conditioning air handler is located upstairs in my two story townhome. I noticed the air handler is leaking water... it leaks from under the area where you change the filer. I noticed there is no water leaking from the pipe outside. I put a bucket under the unit for now... is this serious?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2006, 03:32 AM
    Probably not. Somewhere up there you should find a tube or plastic pipe coming off the unit that should be carrying away the condensation. Look for a kink or crack in this line.

Hope that helps. If not, let us know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water Dripping from Air Handler [ 8 Answers ]

I have a newly installed, (maybe four months ago), central AC unit. It is a split system, 3.5 tons, Rheem 13 SEER. Both the compressor and the air handler were replaced. All was working fine until yesterday, when I began hearing a dripping sound coming from beneath the air handler. A quick look...

Need help rewiring Airtemp Air Handler [ 1 Answers ]

I purchase a home that has a Airtemp Air Handler in the attic. The unit has to be completely rewired. I have the fan contact,it has wires at top(one green, one brown). I take it that this is the input voltage. It has 2 red wires coming out of the coil. I think these are 24V. There is a 24V...

Buzzing from air handler [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Hoping for info concerning a buzzing sound coming from air handler. We live in a high-rise building(24 floors). We are on a building wide system with air handlers in each room. Small bedroom unit has history about this time each year(last 5) that start buzzing. Past years maintenance would...

Lennox air handler fan always on after inspection [ 1 Answers ]

I just had my HVAC system inspected by a local contractor and after he left today (friday) the air handler is constantly blowing, whether the thermostat has fan set on "auto" or "on". The hander is a Lennox CB30M-65-1P connected to a heat pump, Lennox HP26-060-9P. I also tested each system state...

Trane A/C Handler [ 2 Answers ]

The blower makes a slight noise, almost rattling. I looked at the blower unit and it has the part number M412TB31V. Now I'm not sure if that's just the wheel, motor or both the motor and wheel. I would like to replace the motor and wheel, as I can't determine exactly where the noise is coming...

View more questions Search