Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2005, 06:28 AM
    Seeing IP addresses
    Man I would love to have the ability to see IPs in every post for just a week. That way we'd know who has several monikers and how they use them. That would settle a few pet theories I have.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 20, 2005, 06:53 AM
    A cunning plan, mine would certainly confuse everyone as I access the site from various IP's
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2005, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    A cunning plan, mine would certainly confuse everyone as I access the site from various IP's
    Yes but they would fall within an identifiable range. :D
    Unless you mean work vs home.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 20, 2005, 03:43 PM
    The admins can see the IPs. That's how Labman24 was caught. If you suspect anyone, report it.

Scott<>
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2005, 07:34 PM
    Shouldn't be a big deal. A couple of old laptops operating in a WiFi hot spot should be fairly hard for Admin to catch. Old computers good enough to post here should be pretty cheap. Still, if you are suspicious, report it. I think it is pretty pathetic that anybody has so little life they need to play games with several monikers. I do understand and forgive sdiamond on that other site. I think I set up Labmantoo or something there, but never got around to using it.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 20, 2005, 10:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Man I would love to have the ability to see IPs in every post for just a week. That way we'd know who has several monikers and how they use them. That would settle a few pet theories I have.
    Be more than happy to PM you mine upon request as I use only one provider for my laptop and PC.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_8_8.gif

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email addresses [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anyway to search for an email address for people you know?

Get IP Addresses [ 7 Answers ]

Is there anyway to get someone's IP address? I am having problems with two separate people and want to block them fro mentering my website. After learning how to get IP addresses. Then I need to learn how to use them to block the people from accessing my site. Help!

Mac and Ip addresses [ 9 Answers ]

Hi guys it would be great if some one can clear my doubt my question is first of all I would like to know something about mac addresses and can we have 2 mac addresses and 2 ip adresses for a single computer if its possible can you guys please tell me how to do it... thnx a lot:)

Investments - Web addresses? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I'm looking for a website that gives details on top savings returns on, lets say, deposit accounts. I'm located in Dublin, but most probably be moving to Minnesota (St Paul) next year, and wanted to look at banks providing good returns on deposits. Also, does anyone know what the rate of...

URL addresses [ 2 Answers ]

How does one find out the (numerical) URL or IP address of a particular website or e-mail address? Thanks much, John Mackenzie

View more questions Search