Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlie38 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2010, 12:20 PM
    How much tax will I have to pay in Arizona from $20 k inherited from my Godmother
    How much tax will I pay in Arizona from a $25K inheritance from my Godmother in South Dakota?
    charlie38 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2010, 12:22 PM
    How much tax will I have to pay in Arizona from $20 k inherited from my Godmother in South Dakota?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Apr 7, 2010, 01:43 PM

Nothing - there is no inheritance or gift tax in AZ. The money is yours, free and clear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax law - Inherited stock and sold it - how do you claim it on tax return [ 1 Answers ]

Father passed away on 9/30/2008 - Inherited Stock on 1/27 09 and sold it the same day - how is it reported on schedule D

If I sell inherited farm property, do I have to pay income tax for the value? [ 1 Answers ]

I inherited a 1/3 share of a farm that is co-owned by two other relatives. I sold the property for $76K. Do I pay income tax on $76K or only if it's sold for more than it's appraised for?

A 13 yr old godmother? [ 16 Answers ]

Hello! My aunt asked my mom to be the godmother of her 1 yr old son. My mom was delighted but then my mom and my aunt had noticed that I had treated her son as my brother I feed him, play with him, change his diapers, take him baths and so on... My mom and my aunt had been discussing about me...

How much tax do we pay for house/property inherited? [ 1 Answers ]

so I'm not sure how all these taxes work, but my mom was asking me if she put in her will to give one of us the house/property, how much tax do we pay or she pay? She also mentioned that there are some legal forms we have to sign for that too and that there are several types, which one would be...

Do I pay tax on inherited property sold? [ 7 Answers ]

My brothers and I (4 of us) each inherited equal portions of my mother's house when she died. We sold the house shortly after the estate was settled and each of us received ~ 18,000 (there was no mortgage). Now, I am aware that any gain is taxed as long term no matter how long we owned it, since it...

View more questions Search