Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rubyrose3 Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Apr 5, 2010, 07:03 PM
    Can anyone give me advice?
    I have been with my partner for nearly 4 years now and I love him to death(sometimes to much) he is the most sweetest boyfriend and does everything a loving boyfriend should. Problem is I don't really get along with his family, I go in the house and say hello how are you... they answer and that's it! No real conversation which we should have because its been so long but its just really hard, his mother is really over protective and mothers him like hell, and his sister Ive had problems with in the past, I have to admit I get jealous because its other girl and he's close with her, I want to overcome this and maybe make them want to get to know me? I would love to be with him forever but still be in with the family?

I keep having dream about my partner with another girl, broken up or him cheating on me. And at the end of the dream I'm standing their hitting him and throwing things at him and he just stands there like he doesn't care??
    Problem is he's complete opposite in real life he is perfect and I know he would never do that to me?

What do you think it means?
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2010, 09:23 PM

It means somewhere deep down you feel that you are more into him than he is into you which is why you think "he stands there without a care". Or it can be just a dream.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2010, 09:44 PM

It could be your own paranoid self coming through in the dream? It could symbolize you have deep down trust issues. The mind while awake is only the tip of the iceburg. You have feelings that have been suppressed, not because of any type of dark past or severe trama, but simply just because its not needed during the day.

I have odd dreams about my boyfriend too. I tell him about them.. We sit and laugh because my dreams are always him being completely scandolous, which he isn't.

OR.. This dream could be your brain putting everything together from a movie, article or from a friends experience. Sometimes your brain will take what you see, and twist it around and you will actually portray yourself in that particular situation.

The brain is so fascinating! It an make you do the craziest stuff. I love it!
    Violaename Posts: 394, Reputation: 29

Apr 5, 2010, 10:07 PM

... It could be that you are scared to lose him.
    It could also be that you feel you love him more than he loves you...
    Sometimes,what we fear or think visits us in strange ways in our sleep.
    Try to relax...
    Larken85 Posts: 696, Reputation: 146

Apr 6, 2010, 12:33 AM

I have been having odd dreams myself. Mostly about My gf's ex coming back into our lives and the two of us become friends and stay friends after he takes her back. I wake up like Why didn't I kick his... I told her about it and she laughed at me, saying that'll never happen. (I thought which one lol)

Reacurring dreams in my experience happen because you had such a vivid dream about it the first time that you dwell on it. When you dwell on it, it can have a greater chance of happening again and again. Usually it'll be a little different each time.

Have you ever heard a story passed from one person at the end of a long table when you are on the opposite side and the story is passed from person to person? It gets really screwed up and changes. In your own mind you shorten things and highlight others forgetting some of the smaller things and your mind has to fill them in with something if you are in the middle of what would seem to be the same dream. Or a similar dream for that matter.

I do not believe that a dream can tell the future, nor will I ever. But what I can say is that once I had a dream about my ex, and the next day out of the blue she called. Does this mean I some how knew she was going to call me? Nope, it means that at that time I had been thinking about her a lot and focusing on thoughts of her. The fact that she called really only meant that she too was thinking about me.

The point is, that your dream probably means nothing more than you had the dream because it may have either gotten into your mind in one form or another, or it was a combinations of fears that built up and release in your dreams. Then after having dreampt it once you remember it and run through it in your head another time or two. Possibly directly storing the memory and causing the replay of events.
    rubyrose3 Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Apr 6, 2010, 02:48 AM

Thank you for all your help,its nice to know I can get some good advice from people who have either been through it or seen it before. I think I'm guna talk it out to him
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 6, 2010, 05:25 AM

After 4 years focus on the boyfriend and see where the relationship is going. When you're more than a girlfriend they may come around, and they may not. How old are you both?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Apr 6, 2010, 06:11 AM

If his family doesn't like you, then it means that they might not think that you're a good fit for their son.

Therefore, focus on strengthening the relationship. The ones around you will notice the strong bond and things can fall into place more naturally. No need to force the issue.

As for your dream, are you sure your boyfriend did not do something that has shaken your trust? Is there any missing information? How old are you?
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2010, 06:20 AM

Did I read you right.. you're jealous of his relationship with his sister?

If yes, than put that thought away right away!

Secondly, I think the dreams you've had is fear of losing him. You need to stay strong and don't let that fear control you!

What does he say about the relationship and the connection the two of you have?

As for his family... well that's the way it is sometimes, saddly for you! And even though you BF family is a part of you're life it doesn't mean that they are the ones to determine how the realationship ends up...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please Give Advice [ 3 Answers ]

I don't really know how to ask this question and I'm a little embarrassed to be asking it, all I ask is that you do not judge me. I'm scared and there is no one I can really ask about this. I had sexual intercourse twice last week and everything was okay for about two days or so, but then I noticed...

Do I try to get her back? Or give up? Need advice... [ 17 Answers ]

I need some advice… I was with this great girl for like 5 years… we lived together and it was leading towards a life together. Things got rough in a weird period of our lives – lots of arguing and fighting -- so we split for a month to think about things (mutually). Within a month she was with...

Give me some advice [ 10 Answers ]

I have been married to my husband. We have two children from this marriage. I met my husband shortly when I learned that I was pregnant which he was aware and did not mind. My daughter's biological father walked out on me when he learned about the pregnancy. His current whereabouts are unknown....

Can someone give me advice please? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 92 civic hatch that won't start. I was told it was the distributor, so I put a new one in. now she cranks but still doesn't start up. I don't know if it's the distributor cables are on wrong or if there is another situation with it. Can someone give me advice please?

View more questions Search