Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vista54 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Zone heating. One zone won't turn furnace on.
    Hi All,

I am using two Honeywell V8043E1012 motorized valves. One zone works but the other one you hear the thermostat click on when you raise the temp but the furnace does not come on. When I use the lower floor thermostat the furnace turns and I get heat upstairs.
    Is this the problem of the Honeywell valve or the thermostat. If the valve has to be changed does anyone know the wiring? There are two yellow and two red wires. Does it make a difference if I connectg any yellow wire to another yellow wire from the original setup?

Thank you in advance
    Vista54
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 29, 2008, 03:57 PM
    The motor could be bad in the valve or it could be a defective end switch. Yellow to yellow and red to red that will work. Here is a copy of the instructions.

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli.../95C-10932.pdf
    vista54 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 05:59 PM
    Thank you for the quick response. I am going to swap out the motor in the valve and see where that goes. Thaniks again
    vista54

Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    The motor could be bad in the valve or it could be a defective end switch. yellow to yellow and red to red that will work. Here is a copy of the instructions.

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli.../95C-10932.pdf
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 29, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Why do you not test it instead of replacing it if you do not know it is bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NO Heat in One Zone of Multiple Zone System [ 6 Answers ]

The heat in our four zone house is working except for one zone. Digital Honeywell THermostat lights up when programmed, little flame picture appears and click noise is heard, just like other thermostats, but no heat in that zone. Any ideas what is wrong or how to fix. Thanks

2 zone oil heat, 2nd zone runs 1st zone [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We have a 2 zone oil burner. The 1st zone (upstairs) runs separately and works no problem. The 2nd zone(basment), when we try to run 2nd zone separately , it seems to run zone 1(upstairs) and the baseboard heating upstairs gets hot and heats zone 1 even thought we have the t-stat set low...

2 Zone Heating System [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2 zone hot water, gas heating system in my home (1 heater, 2 zones). When the temprature drops below 35 degrees, hot water does not cycle through my 2nd floor heating zone. The zones works fine when its above 35, but when its below not hot water circulates thorught the zoen. My 1st...

Valve does not turn on furnace in one zone [ 4 Answers ]

I am having problems with one zone of a two-zone heating system. The thermostat does not function; previously this happened intermittently, and turning on the valve manually while the thermostat was set high enough started the furnace. Now, turning on the valve does not help either; the only way to...

View more questions Search