Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adf831 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Headaches & Nausea
    So I took my first Private tumbling class on Thursday and when I left I was feeling super nauseated and had a huge headache. Does anyone have any thoughts on why I felt that way?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2007, 03:10 PM
    You could have well strained some muscles. How are you feeling now? If you are still nauseated and have a headache, you need to seek medical help ASAP. That means today, not wait till Monday.
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Feb 24, 2007, 03:24 PM
    Dehydration can cause those symptoms, as can simple fatigue. Both of these are common in exercise, especially when increasing the intensity. It's also possible that it's simply an effect of the exercise itself, if you're not used to performing at that level.

How long did the symptoms last?
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Feb 24, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Thank you for posting your question to the Ask Me Help Desk.

I agree that dehydration is a possibility, and it is certainly possible that since this was your first private lesson that you may have over exerted yourself.

Be sure to drink plenty of water and to build up your exercises gradually.

Out of curiosity, what types of skills are you working?
    cheerchic24 Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2007, 05:21 PM
    I think you over exersied and got dehdreated :0 Make sure u DRINK LOT OF WATER! Drinking water will give you more enery and stretch, as well as helping you cool down.warm -up properly (I learned that the hard way),make sure you also condition and Don't over work yourself!! Hope this helped:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Headaches or something else [ 1 Answers ]

My friend has always suffered with headaches even during his childhood. I've talked to him about it and he won't give me any lead as to what is causing them. I don't know much about the headaches, but I do know that he used to have clinic visits for them and he was taking some kind of medicine....

Headaches [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am prone to headaches, usually around my period. I am a 23 year old female and have had a headache for two weeks straight(its not around my period) and was wondering if its normal to have a headache this long. I have taken over the counter prescription, nothing, called my doctor but because...

Nausea after lunch [ 2 Answers ]

MY girlfriend is experiencing nausea after lunch recently. This happened almost everyday after lunch. Is this a symptom of pregnancy? :confused: I thought pregnancy happened as morning sickness after waking up.

Headaches [ 5 Answers ]

I get headaches often (occationally migranes) but for the last two days I have had one quite different. Whenever I get up (from sitting, standing etc) it starts to hurt. In the beginning it was a little left of the top of my head and was VERY painful. It continued to bother me whenever I got up....

Headaches ! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi My Glasses Got Broke And I Am Havig A Bad Time Getting Help .I Have No Income The Medical Assintance Office Is Giving Me A Run Around . I Keep Filling Out The Same Paper Work And When I Asked My Case Worker Why She Said This Is Normal . And When I Talked To Other People Who Are On Assintance...

View more questions Search