Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fiona2003 Posts: 45, Reputation: 11

Nov 6, 2008, 03:04 PM
    People who drunk dial their ex's - red flag?
    I would like to know if you'd consider it a red flag if a person has admitted to you that they tend to drunk dial their ex's ? (like back when they were in college)
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2008, 03:05 PM

Nah... not unless this person still does this.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2008, 03:06 PM

If they still do it, then huge red flag as it means they still want to be in contact with them for some reason.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Nov 6, 2008, 03:51 PM

Sounds like someone is laying the groundwork to be able to say "But I told you I did things like that...you have to forgive me..."

My "girlfriend" said something like that to me, and I would playfully answer back, "Ooooh, really, hehe, well, do that ONCE and you'll be free to call them all you want. Understand? (tweak a cheek)"

"Hehe...oh, and guess what? (with a kiss) I'm not kidding."
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 7, 2008, 07:10 AM

RED FLAG all right, it could happen to his next ex.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2008, 07:23 AM
    I would say that this is a definite sign that a person is not over their previous relationship.
    ibelieveinu Posts: 11, Reputation: 4

Nov 7, 2008, 07:37 AM
    You said he only did this when he was drinking. If he drinks often, then of course you have reason to be concerned. But if he doesn't engage in this type of behavior when he is sober, maybe the problem isn't with the exes, maybe his problem is with alcohol.

I have been in realtionships before and didn't realize until it was over that there were red flags everywhere. Sometimes we just don't want to acknowledge or accept them. Remember a red flag is just that... a red flag.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do people "try" to hate their ex's just to get over them? [ 6 Answers ]

I broke up with my boyfriend about a month ago. Initially he said he wanted a break but I said tat I didn't know if a break was a good idea. He said he didn't want to break up he was going tru a tough time and needed space. However we talked everyday after tat he'd ring 2 say he loved me he was...

Is this a Red Flag? [ 4 Answers ]

O.K. First time ever posting. I am in a relationship that for the most part is wonderful. However, it seems like his sex drive has slowed down a lot!. Now, he is under tremendous stress, doesn't get enough sleep, and had diabetes. All I know are contributors. We work opposite hours and I have...

Is this a red flag? [ 18 Answers ]

I just turned 32 and I have been dating a guy who just turned 25. We had been going out for about 3-4 months, have known each other for about one year and a half and have told each other “I love you.” It has been an exclusive boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, and he mentioned marriage several...

Red flag? [ 23 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this forum and appreciate any input on a situation in my relationship with my fiancée. To start, I am from the USA and she lives in Europe. I met her in the summer on a tour to her country. We Yahoo chat often and exchanged many pictures. We were both clear that we are not...

View more questions Search