Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rackcity Posts: 100, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2015, 08:12 PM
    Is trading forex something long term?
    I usually follow the trend, but lose more than I win. I don't understand how people make money off this? I mean, is it also that they study the market and politics too? What else can I do?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 25, 2015, 04:52 AM
    Given that billions in fines were just handed down to several banks who were manipulating Forex, I would stay away from the field. Following the trend often means you are a day late, in any area of investing. I wouldn't call Forex long term anyway. Long term is bonds, annuities, and stocks you follow for their company strength, not what others are doing with it.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 25, 2015, 04:05 PM
    Forex requires split second timing since you don't know what the market will do at any given time, particularly in a foreign country. How can you beat Vanguard Wellington fund? 8% over the last 10 years. Put in a couple grand, use DRIP and you will be happy. T Rowe Piece Equity income is another hard to beat fund. Since inception, 11% per annum return. $28 BILLION invested!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 25, 2015, 09:15 PM
    Most of the currency trading, deals with tenths of a percent profit at times, so for a small investor, it is nothing, but for banks who invest billions, the profits add up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forex trading [ 1 Answers ]

Which is the best and reliable site for forex trading?

View more questions Search