Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gadget_Man Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2003, 06:19 PM
    DVD Region question
    If I was to buy a DVD, bought in Australia (region4) would I be able to play it on a UK DVD player (region 2)?

Thank You
    KENG Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 06:00 AM
    It depends. If the DVD was made by an entity trying to protect their market share, and therefor encoded as a region 4 disk, and your player is set to play only region 2, then it becomes more difficult. Some players can be set to be region free. Here in Australia, you can buy region free players, but you have to look for them, most are region locked.
    Failing that, if you have a computer, you can "rip" the disk, and burn either a region 2 or a region 0 copy.
    I don't know of too many DVDs being made in Australia, set to any region. My daughter sells dance training DVDs internationally, all burnt to be region 0 i.e. region free.
    Regionalisation is against WTO rules, limiting free trade. Sony is responsible for the concept, and for forceing it on the consumer. As such, I do not buy any Sony product, nor do I accept regionalisation. Rip and Burn! If you bought the DVD, you are entitled to watch it, where ever you are.
    Cheers, Ken

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

View more questions Search