Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Daopaul Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2012, 03:08 PM
    1993 Camry won't start easily
    My 1993 Camry starts without difficulty in the morning. I then drive to the gym and return in about two hours. I turn the key and hear nothing. In 10-30 minutes, the car starts and I have no problem starting the rest of the day. What could cause this problem? Thanks.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2012, 04:25 PM
    Have you checked the battery and charging system?

Maybe the trip to the gym is too short of a duration to recharge from the initial morning start.

And the drive to work is long enough to build up for a few start ups.

Most likely the battery (even corroded terminal connections) but the charging system should be checked also (even if the battery is found to be bad).
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2012, 05:37 PM
    . Remove and fully charge, or replace, the battery. Have each cell of the battery checked. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. If you end up buying a new battery, have it charged prior to installation. Alternators are battery maintainers, not chargers.

. Clean the battery terminals and cable connections. Check the cables for corrosion and hidden breaks.

. Clean starter motor connections.

. Check the alternator. Regulated battery voltage should be 14 to 15 volts. Most auto parts stores will also do this for free.

. Check the starter motor, if the problem persists. Should it need replacing, buy a remanufactured starter motor from Toyota. Many aftermarket new and remanufactured starter motors for Toyotas have not lasted long, due to lower quality starter solenoid contacts which pit and fail prematurely.

My bet is that you just need a new battery. With cold weather coming, don't delay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 toyota camry won't start [ 9 Answers ]

Just bought the car,and was told the fuel pump was out. Put a new one on, but there's no power getting to it(tested with elec.tester) it also has no spark. It's a 4cyl. Le. And we have bought a repair manual for it, I just thought maybe someone on here might have some insight into similar problems...

1993 toyota camry will not start [ 1 Answers ]

Its blowing da am2 fuse

1993 camry won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I change my wires & spare plugs the dist.cap the firing pin and a new batt and my 93 camry still won't start

My 1993 toyota camry won't start? [ 3 Answers ]

My camry will not engage the starter? I coulnt find a starter relay, or maybe I just don't know what relay controls it. The car will start if I turn the key on an touch the small lead on the starter with a 12+ jumper. The battery cranks the car over just fine which makes me think it's a relay, but...

1993 V6 Toyota Camry won't start [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought this car not running. It turns over fine, has fuel pressure if I jump B and FP at the diagnostic plug, has spark, has correct timing of cams and distributor, has voltage to the injectors, but I think it isn't getting the signal (pulsed ground) from the computer to tell the injectors...

View more questions Search