Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pnkdimnd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Home Health Care/Providing Substance to Patient
    I am aware of an individual who is suppose to provide home health aid service to a patient. This individual provides and administers alcohol to the patient as a tradeoff for providing limited care to the patient. What are the legal reprocussions if this individual who is employed is found to be doing this to her patient? Would the individual lose their licence and is it considered a criminal offense? What agency would be required to take action and/or investigation? I think this is terrible.
    thisiscrazy2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 02:00 PM
    Is the individual employeed by an agency or self employed? If working for an agency I would contact that agency, but make sure you have proof first as it will be your word against theirs. If the agency does nothing then I would make sure the person doesn't come back to the house.
    It all depends on whether the person is licensed to do the care as to whether they would loose their license or not. BUT if reported and on their record they would have a hard time getting a job for anyone else.
    What shape is the patient in? Can they make their own decisions regarding the alcohol? If the patient is requesting the alcohol it will be hard to do anything against this person also.
    pnkdimnd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 03:46 PM
    The person is employed by an agency and supplies the alcohol to the patient and administers it at the patients request as the patient is immobile, in return the aid works reduced hours however claims to providing care to the patient during scheduled hours which is substantiated by the patient in return for the favor.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2008, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pnkdimnd
    The person is employed by an agency and supplies the alcohol to the patient and administers it at the patients request as the patient is immobile, in return the aid works reduced hours however claims to providing care to the patient during scheduled hours which is substantiated by the patient in return for the favor.

I think claiming pay for hours not actually worked would be the problem here; I don't know if "administering" alcohol to a patient is a problem or not. The fact that you are handicapped or immobile does not mean you can't drink. I trust alcohol is not a problem for the patient - ?

Once again, false timeslips ARE a fraud, a crime, reason for termination of employment.

I would also be very sure your facts are correct before you turn anyone in.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 18, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Time then to report it to the agency. BUT, you must have adequate proof to back up the allegations.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 18, 2008, 04:01 PM
    Normally most home health care individuals that provide the basic care are not licensed. But they could and most likely would be fired. Depending on their license if they are, they may lose it or be given a seriioius report on their record

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health care [ 1 Answers ]

What is the side effect of taking glutathione while taking hypertension maintenance medication

Health care [ 1 Answers ]

Turning the hair grey is one of the gluthathione's side effects?

Forget Hillary care, what about School-Based "Health Care?" [ 37 Answers ]

Middle school in Maine to offer birth control pills, patches to pupils When I was in school about the only good school "health care" was for was a bandaid, an excuse to skip a class or a pan to puke in. What on earth (or in the constitution) gives public schools the right to prescribe drugs...

Health care [ 4 Answers ]

Elements of communication Barriers of communication

View more questions Search