Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PG61585 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2006, 08:29 AM
    Lost Serial Number
    I have a Toshiba Laptop, and I'm trying to find out how much time I have left on my warranty (I want to get the USB port replaced - it's broken).

I called Toshiba and of course they asked for the S/N. The OEM sticker on the bottom of the machine has been rubbed clean - probably from using it as a laptop. THe sticker should have been embossed, but that's another issue.

Is there anywhere in wondows or a control panel that will reveal that info?

Thanks
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Nov 28, 2006, 12:07 PM
    It's possible that the serial number has been encoded into the BIOS.

Otherwise check your invoice and billing information for the serial number of the machine.

Nov 28, 2006, 12:24 PM
    Oh, sure easy for you... LOL, I was hoping for an EASY answer. Let's just say my bookkeeping and filing don't lend themselves to this particular situation.

I'm hoping I still have the box!
    marburg Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2006, 12:39 PM
    Download and install Belarc advisor (free program at belarc.com). This program will analyze everything installed on your computer. If a serial number is available or embedded it might show it. It shows the one registered for my Dell.

marburg

Dec 1, 2006, 02:03 PM
    Thanks anyway. I found it - Toshiba has a diagnostic tool section that allows just what you described.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Serial killers making money off their crimes [ 5 Answers ]

I'm doing a study on serial killers, and I'm wondering if there are any federal laws preventing serial killers from making profit off their crimes. I would also like to know how many of all murders in the US are "separate" incindents, and how many of all murders in the US are to be considered...

Serial Numbering of Records [ 4 Answers ]

I have a query based on a table with the fields such as firstname and lastname. I am running a report which list down all the records. But I want to print a row number / serial number as first column in the report. Sample SL. No. FirstName LastName 1. Sam ...

Serial Mouse Detection Problems [ 4 Answers ]

I recently formatted and upgraded a Pentium I Gateway Computer to Windows 98. I attached a serial mouse to it-but I keep getting this error message that tells me no mouse is dectected. I must either restart if I have a PS/2 mouse or I may safely attach a serial mouse then. The mouse is already...

View more questions Search