Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hammy1975 Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 01:00 AM
    Don't understand this OPK business!
    We have been Trying to conceive for several months now. This month we had sex days 12,13,14 of my cycle and then my husband went away. We then had 3 nights off over this time and I checked an OpK which was positive on the 3rd day off (day 16). He came back the following night and we had sex again the next 2 days. Is this month a write-off as we did not have sex the 2 days before the positive OPK and then didn't have it until the night of the day after the surge? I have been trying to look it up and all the sites say that the best time is within the 24 hours after thesurge and the days running up to it. We have been Trying to conceive for more than 8 months now and I hate it that we have missed a chance!
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Sep 5, 2007, 08:44 AM
    It can all be very confusing! Just because you didn't have sex those few days doesn't mean all is lost. Sperm can live inside the body up to 5-7 days, so you still may have had some little guys left in there. Also, try having sex every other day around ovulation. I know it's difficult, but this allows maximum build up of sperm. Try to stay relaxed about trying and it will happen before you know it. I too thought I had missed my chance the month I got pregnant because my hubby and I couldn't have sex during the "optimal" time for conception because of a surgery I had. Low and behold I wasn't trying that month, and the timing was way off, and I got pregnant. Good luck and lots of baby dust your way!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't understand him. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. Maybe I can get some insight here. I am a 28 year old dating a 32 (divorced of 3 years) man who has a 8 year old daughter. We have been dating for about 7 months. Became serious in the last 3 months. Back in February we decided we were ready to take the next step and move in with each other....

I don't understand her. [ 10 Answers ]

I'am staying with my sister in law because her parents died, she is 19 she does not listen To me or her brother, my husband. She is dating people who are married ,she is the biggest liar I have ever met, she buys the clothes that I;m buying, she changes her hairstyle as same as mine. Sometimes she...

I don't understand [ 16 Answers ]

What the big deal if someone is happy not dating, but everyone thinks its retarded that I'm okay with being single, but it gets kind of boring seeing everyone else with a boyfriend or girlfriend, walking down the halls or streets holding hands. Man now I'm wishing I did, but that's the way life is....

I don't understand this [ 7 Answers ]

1) zinc+ lead(2) nitrate yield zinc nitrate + lead 2) sodium phosphate + calcium chloride yield calcium phosphate + sodium chloride 3) aluminmum +hydrochloric acid yield aluminum chloride + hydrogen gas 4) calcium hydroxide + phosphoric acid yield calcuim phosphate + water 5) copper + sulfuric...

View more questions Search