Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aduckart Posts: 32, Reputation: 6

Jan 30, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Candle Wax in Carpet
    What is the best way to get candle wax out of carpet? I have light tan carpet and dark brown candle wax spilled on the carpet at some point. I discovered it when moving furniture, so I'm not sure how long it has been there. :(
    kevinf80 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aduckart
    What is the best way to get candle wax out of carpet? I have light tan carpet and dark brown candle wax spilled on the carpet at some point. I discovered it when moving furniture, so I'm not sure how long it has been there. :(
    Hi there,

Try covering with heavy gauge brown wrapping paper rough side down and use a hot iron, This will melt the wax and the paper will absorb it. You may have to do it a couple of times.

Kevin
    mrfrost Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 07:03 AM
    Comment on kevinf80's post
    Had heard of that trick before

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Colored Flame Candle [ 1 Answers ]

How to get colored flame from liquid fuel ?

More ideas for candle crafts? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a candle business and we make some pretty cool candle crafts like votive roses and scented animals but I would love some more ideas. Any ideas are appreciated!

Using double wax seals [ 1 Answers ]

I am setting a toilet on a tile floor. In the past I have used two wax seals, one with the flange and one without. The standard size does not seem to seal to the toilet base. How high should the wax extend above the floor and can I use two seals with the flange?

View more questions Search