Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jes69 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2005, 05:49 PM
    Wireless PCI card problem
    I am trying to install a Linksys wireless PCI card in a PC Pentium2 400mhz, running XP pro. XP will see the card but will not allow set up to finish, error message reads, (devce cannot start Code 10). Driver updates did not solve this nor reinstalling device and driver many times. The wireless router is working fine on my other system. Anybody heard of this before?
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2005, 03:53 AM
    Can't say I've ever heard of this. Try swapping the card to another PCI slot, see if that helps. If not, it could be possible that the card is dodgy. If it's a simple case of running down the road and swapping it over - do it. But if you have to send it back etc. it might be an idea to wait for someone else to post first.

Good luck!
    TechProNow Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2005, 09:16 PM
    Is this OEM hardware?

I have seen this a lot with OEM hardware, but I have never tried to install a wi-fi card on a PII. I suspect that the BIOS may need a firmware upgrade.
    jes69 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2005, 06:10 AM
    Yes BIOS upgrade done
    You are right TechPro, A BIOS update and switching to a "B" instead of "G" speed card finally got it working. Now we surf from the comfort of the Lazy Boy.

Mar 20, 2005, 10:34 AM
    Ty!
    Thanks for the update. That is strange about Wireless B as opposed to Wireless G, but its good to know what works.

What Brand/Version of BIOS did you have?
    The Kid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2005, 01:25 PM
    Which one?
    Question for TechProNow: Which operating system is preinstalled on a new system, is that OEM or PII? Also, how do I update my bios?

Sep 11, 2005, 08:46 AM
    Hope this helps:

http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/flashAward.html

There are many methods to flash the BIOS. That is a method to Flash an Award BIOS using a utility made by the manufacturer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless pci card [ 6 Answers ]

I was searching for this post but I couldn't find anything on the topic I know this is a stupid question and some of you might flame me for me, but I just ordered a laptop and forgot to put a wireless chip in it, as of now I do not need the wireless but I was wondering if it is still possible...

Wireless connection problem [ 6 Answers ]

Does anybody know why my PC and Samsung d500 can't receive each other? My wireless keyboard and mouse worked fine, also I can't see the infra red program anywhere on control panel. My PC is only around 7 months old and cost £1300 so its not old or cheap and is called philips ls1200. Maybe it's the...

Wireless card [ 1 Answers ]

I understand that a wireless card allows you to connect to the internet without cables.. But after purchasing the wireless notebook card, do you have to still sign up with an "internet provider" or pay any monthly fees?

View more questions Search