Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gyptian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 04:50 AM
    Atlantic International University
    Someone recommended this university when I expressed the desire to register for an online degree. I however want to know if this is a reputed university offering online courses. I would also any information on schools and other institutions offering online degrees.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 25, 2007, 05:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyptian
    Someone recommended this university when i expressed the desire to register for an online degree. I however want to know if this is a reputed university offering online courses. I would also any information on schools and other institutions offering online degrees.
    I seem to recall that this on line university lost its accreditation in 2002. Many on line universities offer degrees but it doesn't necessarily mean the degree will be accepted by employers or licensed organizations.

You can find all on line universities by accessing google.com. On line learning is a great way to study and attain extra knowledge and possibly a diploma or two if its curriculum is similar to what a community college offers.
    Emanuel777 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Currently I'm a student from this university.
    And I just have a few months, but it seems to me that I learn a lot of things that I never learn in my before schools.

I did my bachelor degree on Mexico As a Industrial engineer, then I got my Master degree from the Texas A&M on MBA.
    And currently I'm studying on AIU the Phd on Business.

Currently I'm working for a big firm on the U.S. and I don't have any problem with a degree for a AIU.
    Thank you
    Guest Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 5, 2008, 01:48 PM
    I could have attended almost any university for my PhD, as I have a masters degree in psych. From a very reputable university. I chose AIU as accreditation means nothing if you are tops in your field, which I mean to be. Also with an experienced advisor, I was able to shape the nine prerequisite theses, to my chosen field. As to the dissertation it follows the APA model and is as tough as from any other university.

If accreditation is a problem or if you cannot self-discipline yourself more than a traditional university I would not attend. If you can, you have wide academic freedom. Digcare
    auwal87 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 11:08 AM
    I am a Student of Atlantic International University, a candidate for BSc Computer Science, it was all my dream to work with computers, since before I became student of AIU, I was a computer expert. AIU opens up the opportunity for me to obtain a degree in Computer Science even though I have no knowledge of Physics and Chemistry (which is a requirement in conventional universities to study computer science). They have excellent support, academic guidance, and flexible phases. We do Assignments, just like any other, and finally we have a Thesis (Project) for a Chosen area. Even from their websites, you can have access to some of the Thesis of other students.

Though I am not from the US, it does not bother me which degree comes to me, in as much as I have worked for it, and from now, I have learned so many things which I have not know, I am an Entrepreneur by class, I run my own IT company. Whether with a degree or not, I will continue with my Company.

The reason why I join AIU is like having a guide towards a certain academic desire, you will move from one stage to another, while seeing your progress, with them, it is easy for me to manage my time as well as control everything. Frictionally AIU is kind of illutional, in some of the assignments they asked me to read books about Evolution a lot, I think they are somehow linked with a fraternal organization in the US or some where, anyway, they cannot overcome my beliefs. What I want at the end is gaining a degree, I will be very proud to make a frame of the degree and place it in my Office's wall.

Another thing is even though I am not so much an Adult (only 21) still AIU gave me the opportunity to progress, also know that they have certain requirements for admission, and they will not accept you for a Degree if you did not finish High School, they will not accept you for Masters if you did not have Bachelor Degree, also Phd, you must have Master Degree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Washington international university [ 3 Answers ]

Is Degree From Washington International University Regonised As It Is Signed By Us Government Notary

Is Washington International University another mill university? [ 9 Answers ]

Please help me to answer about the status of WIT university...

Atlantic International University [ 23 Answers ]

What do you think about Atlantic International University? Is it accredited by official organization? They will transfer my associated diploma and my previous work experience to regular hours and will have to cover about 10 courses to have bachelor degree. Thank you

Washington International University [ 3 Answers ]

Is Washington International UUniversity an accredited university

View more questions Search