Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sean999 Posts: 117, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2015, 10:49 PM
    Fast 7 muscle car
    Hi,

Have you watched Fast and Furious 7? In this movie, Vin Diesel's muscle car in the jumping from the plane scene is really great. But I am not clear what kind of transmission is used in this car. I saw clutch, but the gear style is like auto gear style. Moreover, you can see when he reached to the ground, he change the gear like changing auto system car( changing form D to 2 or L). So what is your thinking? And also I am american muscle fans. So where can I learn those especially this car?
    Thank you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 26, 2015, 05:18 AM
    None of those are stock, original... so almost anything is possible. There are manual Transmission shifters with NO left-right movement. Called Vertigate shifters... OK for drag strip... PITA on the street. I've driven one with it, hated it.
    Sean999 Posts: 117, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2015, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    None of those are stock, original... so almost anything is possible. There are manual Transmission shifters with NO left-right movement. Called Vertigate shifters... OK for drag strip... PITA on the street. I've driven one with it, hated it.
    You mean this is specialized for dragging and drifting? Although it is manual, but we can't use it as manual. I mean you are not use to drive such kind of cars. So, you don't like it. Am I right?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2015, 07:48 PM
    I know my friends GTO has one that can be automatic or can be straight lined shifted. No idea how it works, (that is not my area) but I know it is some special thing he had added.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Song or/and artist where dj drives a muscle car and there is a ufo flying around him? [ 0 Answers ]

I used to listen to this dj when I was younger and cant find him anymore!

Will Hyper Fuel 9x help me to build muscle fast ? [ 0 Answers ]

I am 19 and wanted to build muscle fast. Will Hyper Fuel 9x help me to build muscle fast, is this safe to use? Which website is safe to purchase hyper fuel 9x. Any Help Appreciated.

Car tape player playing too fast. [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 97 ford expedition with the original radio. The tape player has just recently started playing too fast. I can't really gauge it, but I could tell you it's about 2/3 of the way to sounding like chipmunks. My question is, is there any way to fix this? Maybe run a tape cleaner through it a...

Building muscle fast [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm trying to build muscle till this spring because I'm in a dance routine with this girl and I need enough strength to lift her up. Im actually a pretty skinny fella around my upper body area. My legs , etc. are pretty strong the fact that I've been dancing for 8 years lol. But now I'm...

Muscle car- 69 CHARGER [ 2 Answers ]

On my way to school I noticed a charger sitting on someone's side yard. It was apparent that it had not been driven for years and putty had been added in certain parts. It doesn't run, it has no paint, and has some rust around the front passenger side. Basically its just the body and certain parts...

View more questions Search