Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matthew1429 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Clothes Washer out of 2 year storage, clothes are not smelling too good
    I know this probably has something to do with water intake, I just wanted to get everyone's recommendations on this.

I had my clothes washer in storage for a couple of years and it appeared that we didn't get all of the water out before we stored it. Now when we wash clothes, there is somewhat of a musty odor that is left in the clothes as if it was left in the washer overnight. (This is immediately after washing)

What is the best course of action to rectify the problem?:rolleyes:
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 02:28 PM
    I would run 2-3 empty loads through the unit using soap and fabric softner and see if the helps. I believe it should as I have done this in the past with success
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 8, 2007, 03:01 PM
    And perhaps add heavy bleach to the first empty load.
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 03:25 PM
    I agree, bleach as well
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Oct 8, 2007, 03:26 PM
    And after you've run soap and bleach through it, run a load of distilled white vinegar through it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 8, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Yes distilled vingar, use that for my coffee maker

Then you will just smell like bleachy vingar
    lonestardeals Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2007, 09:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew1429
    I know this probably has something to do with water intake, I just wanted to get everyone's recommendations on this.

I had my clothes washer in storage for a couple of years and it appeared that we didn't get all of the water out before we stored it. Now when we wash clothes, there is somewhat of a musty odor that is left in the clothes as if it was left in the washer overnight. (This is immediately after washing)

What is the best course of action to rectify the problem?:rolleyes:
    Use Simple Green in laundry. It kills mildew odors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Install clothes washer drain [ 2 Answers ]

How to install clothes washer drain

Clothes washer smells [ 1 Answers ]

My water is supplied by a private well. When my clothes washer is filling with water, there is a significant sulphor smell. I don't smell it anywhere else in the house. Should I have my water tested, washer checked or is this just a normal occurrence from a well?

Whirlpool Clothes Washer [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, I have a Whirlpool clothes washer that is 4 years old. Lately when I take the washed clothes out to place them in the dryer they are not as damp dry as they used to be. They are wetter than I would expect. What could be causing this problem? I had a repair man out and he wants to...

What is the standard for clothes washer drains? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the standard for rural washer drains?. Separate septic and drain field? Advised to place 55gal. Multiple perforated drum filled with golfball size rocks deep into ground with drain pipe entering into top? Thanks

View more questions Search