Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kissy Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2006, 11:04 PM
    Require a website for UK price comparison
    Hiya, very new to this site which looks brill... I need to find somewhere that can tell me prices in 1985 in the UK (prices of bread, milk, beer, newspapers etc etc) so that I can use the information for a birthday book that I am composing for someone. I would really appreciate someone telling where I can find these price comparisons as I've been looking on the net for sometime and cannot find what I want.

Anyone out there to tell me please? Many thanks

Kissy
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 9, 2006, 03:57 AM
    Try searching local newspaper archives for back issues. The ads in the paper should help you.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2006, 04:13 PM
    According to: http://www.1980sflashback.com/1985/Economy.asp

The USA 1985 Economy, in US Dollars:

PRICES (in USD and English Pounds, GBP at 1985 levels, divide USD by 1.3)
    Cost of a new home: $100,800.00 AND £77,538
    Median Household Income: $23,618.00 AND £18,168
    Cost of a first-class stamp: $0.20 AND £0.15
    Cost of a gallon of regular gas: $1.20 AND £0.92
    Cost of a dozen eggs: $0.80 AND £0.62
    Cost of a gallon of Milk: $2.26 AND £1.74
    kissy Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2006, 09:55 PM
    Hi many thanks for your help over this I will try and see what I come up with the local papers Scottgem... might be of help. Thanks Captain... that helps too, will have a look on that site as I need the price of beer lol.. etc etc. Again, thank you both.

kissy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small script require... Please help [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new accounts section, where each person has his own driectory on my website (e.g. www.blank.com/thepersonname). How do I make a box (lets call it "box1") where the person enters his user name in (e.g. "yoyoyo123" - again in "box1") and a button (lets call it "button1") that makes the...

Processor and Graphic Card Comparison [ 4 Answers ]

I'm currently looking at 3 different laptops. However, I've been unable to find a good site with information comparing the 3 processors, or graphic cards I'm looking at. Processor -Pentium 4 w/ HT Tech 3.8 GhZ 800Mhz FSB 1MB Cache vs Pentium M 2.13Ghz 533Mhz FSB 2MB...

Small Riding Mowers Comparison [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1/4 acre lot in Fl and because I'm disabled I need a small riding mower, preferably with a Kohler engine(had a lot of bad luck with B&S) What do you recommend?

Require Help With Maually Setting Up Cpu [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I'm a litlle lost with the whole bios aspect of computers and need guidance I recently bought s AMD ATHLON 2400+ (socket A) with my new motherboard ASUS A7V600-X (I have checked with manufactuers these components do work together(NORMALLY)) however in bios its settings are 1500, 2000, 2500,...

Processor Comparison [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the process purchasing a laptop computer. There are many processors to choose from these days and I was hoping someone could enlighten me about the differences in the many styles/brands of processors currently offered for these computers. I have always preferred Pentium 4 processors. ...

View more questions Search