Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    horses1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 05:19 PM
    Hair folicle test for weed
    I have not smoked any weed in 2 months but cannot and think I didn't smoke any on the 3 rd month or if I did it was 3 puffs because I can't handle any more than that. Just took a hair folicle test what chance do I have of getting a positive test
    kristine3 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2010, 05:33 PM

I think you're in trouble. To my knowledge, they can test back a long time, I believe it can be 6 months.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2010, 08:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by horses1 View Post
    i have not smoked any weed in 2 months but cannot and think i didn't smoke any on the 3 rd month or if i did it was 3 puffs because i can't handle any more than that. just took a hair folicle test what chance do i have of getting a positive test
    Hair follicle tests generally cover a time span of 90 days. The hair tests are also less sensitive to marijuana (actually metabolites of) than to other drugs. While the literature is sparse, some research indicates that light and infrequent users are less likely to absorb marijuana into the hair follicle, and it is firmly established that persons with dark coarse hair are far more likely to test positive than those with light colored and fine hair.

The following information is provided by a marketer of a hair testing system although I haven't had the opportunity to confirm this or explore the basis for the statement:

In some cases, when the donor has used marijuana, a hair drug test, including HairConfirm, may be unable to detect the THC metabolite due to the fact that the metabolite was unable to bind with the hair shaft. This can be caused by the type/quality of the marijuana smoked/ingested, or by what it has been mixed with, e.g. tobacco. As a result, the result for marijuana may be negative. How Hair Confirm Hair Drug Testing Work

Please let us know how it turns out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Folicle Test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi... a little over 30 days ago, I tried meth. It might have been equivalent to a few lines. I'm not an habitual user, don't use it, just tried it, and haven't used it since. I now am going for a hair folice test for a job application and HR told me they are testing for drug use within the...

Hair Folicle Test [ 5 Answers ]

Both my husband and I have used meth over the last 2 years. Our employer is requesting volumtary testing of all employees. It will be either a urine or hair follicle test and managed randomly. My question is since I have long hair and he gets his cut often, isn't he less likely to produce a...

Hair Folicle Test [ 12 Answers ]

I was told that taking steam baths or saunas will open your pores and help detoxify your body, because you sweat out all the toxins. Is this true?

Hair folicle test [ 3 Answers ]

Do soma's show up on a hair folicle test?

Hair folicle test [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancé snorted cocaine 1x Dec. 9th 2007 and took a few pills. He has to have a hair folicle test done with his body hair by Jan 26th 2008 will it show in the test?

View more questions Search