Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kumar29363 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Tooth abscess
    Hi:

I have a tooth abscess that I accidentally discovered was draining pus. I do not have any pain, but seems to be old draining abscess.

What should I do??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 3, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Go to the dentist ?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 3, 2007, 09:12 PM
    Go to a dentist and get prescribed an antibiotic to fight the infection. No pain? The root of your tooth may be dead, but an infection could still be spreading.
    kumar29363 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2007, 10:46 PM
    I do not have pain, and I am scared of complications. Is it a very serious procedure?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 3, 2007, 11:13 PM
    I am not a dentist. So, I cannot diagnose whether you need some sort of procedure or not. Just to clarify my answer earlier, an antibiotic is medicine that a doctor will prescribe for you to take to get rid of an infection. Whatever happens to your tooth will need to be decided by a dentist. I do know that if you let an infection continue, it could lead to further damage in other tissue in your mouth. Please go to a dentist as soon as possible. Dentists these days are incredible. Basically, very little if any pain.
    Furtch408 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2012, 10:34 AM
    I don't like how dentists cost too much. I heard if you remove too many teeth then you could have your teeth cave-ing in slowly which could leave your teeth at more damage. And a root canal costs ridiculous prices.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth abscess. [ 19 Answers ]

I recently had a crown come out and had to go to the dentist to have it put back on. The dentist took an x-ray and told me I had some infection in that tooth and I'd need a root canal. I was started on antibiotics yesterday and a few hours after seeing the dentist my tooth started hurting. It's...

Tooth.. [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any activities that is not allowed if u just went ot the dentist to pull your teeth?

Abscess recurrence [ 1 Answers ]

I had an abscess on a biscupid tooth due to nerve damage cuased by deep filling. I am abroad so haven't signed up with/visited a Dentist. I took some antibiotics and they worked, but now I am scared the abscess will return before I go home. How long do abscesses usually take to reccur after...

Tooth Abscess [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Ease Pain Of A Tooth Abscess,taking Painkillers And Antibiotics, But Still Hurts Like Hell.

View more questions Search