Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    120south Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 08:38 AM
    Can tooth abscess cause stomach ache or pain
    I have an abscess tooth with draining out of my inside gum into my mouth. After having the abscess, with very little pain so I did not know it was an abscess, I started to get a stomach ache especially at night. I am going to the dentist Tuesday for a root cannel fix and re application. Does anyone know if a tooth abscess can cause stomach pain or ache. I don't want to be jumping to conclusions about this pain so any advice would be great thanks
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Did the dentist put you on an antibiotic? It could be the medication that is causing your stomach problem.

I would think that swallowing any pus that is draining from your abscess could cause some stomach upset as well.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 29, 2008, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 120south
    I have an abscess tooth with draining out of my inside gum into my mouth. After having the abscess, with very little pain so i did not know it was an abscess, I started to get a stomach ache especialy at night. I am going to the dentist tuesday for a root cannel fix and re application. Does anyone know if a tooth abscess can cause stomach pain or ache. I dont want to be jumping to conclusions about this pain so any advice would be great thanks
    Don't know about stomach aches, but left untreated, tooth absesses can lead to death. You need to get in to see your dentist ASAP.

Maybe it's nerves about your upcoming procedures...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth ache in rootcanal tooth? [ 8 Answers ]

In the last 2 days I have this dull pain in my tooth (really high up, in the gums). It only hurts when I walk or bend down. It is not painful when I drink or eat. I had a root canal on this tooth in 2005 and it has a permanent crown on it. I did have a cold a few weeks ago and was wondering if it...

Tooth abscess [ 5 Answers ]

Hi: I have a tooth abscess that I accidentally discovered was draining pus. I do not have any pain, but seems to be old draining abscess. What should I do??

Tooth abscess. [ 19 Answers ]

I recently had a crown come out and had to go to the dentist to have it put back on. The dentist took an x-ray and told me I had some infection in that tooth and I'd need a root canal. I was started on antibiotics yesterday and a few hours after seeing the dentist my tooth started hurting. It's...

Stomach ache [ 2 Answers ]

I have had pelvic pain for about a week with a late period. I am not sexualy active so there for there is not possibilities of being pregnant! What is wrong with me?

Tooth Abscess [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Ease Pain Of A Tooth Abscess,taking Painkillers And Antibiotics, But Still Hurts Like Hell.

View more questions Search