Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boooger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 02:19 PM
    My husband wants to adopt my daughter?
    What is the easies way for my husband to adopt my daughter? Her dad has nothing to do with her, he will sign over his rights cause he already said he would. So what is the cheapest and easiest way to do this.
    Thank you.
    SingleMom7105 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 5, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Get him to sign over rights and go to the courts. There will probably be a hearing, then your husband can sign papers saying he wants to adopt her and it should be done with.

Nothing to complicated.
    Jade-xx-xx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2007, 07:26 AM
    I agree with the above person. If the Father of your child wants nothing to do with her then go see your solicitor, they will advise you on the cheapest option to take and this will go to the courts and shouldn't take long but it doesn't matter how long or how much money you spend it's the fact your child now has a dad that will ove her.
    motherof2boyz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by boooger
    What is the easies way for my husband to adopt my daughter? Her dad has nothing to do with her, he will sign over his rights cause he already said he would. So what is the cheapest and easiest way to do this.
    thank you.
    How did things go? Did he sign over his rights? I am going threw the same thing any suggestions.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2007, 03:35 PM
    Get an attorney and have him/her draft a motion to adopt. It is then signed by you, your husband, your daughter's father and the judge. Then the adoption is legal and binding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex-husband!Can he adopt my daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I had my daughter in 1997 and became involved with my high school sweatheart again after having her which we started talking again when she was a couple months old. We then moved in together and got married in 2000 we got divorced in 2001 he is still a part of my daughters life and she believes he...

How can my husband adopt my daughter from my previous marriage? [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-husband signed over all rights to my 21 month old little girl and I recently got remarried. My new husband would like to adopt her, but I don't know how to go about it or where to start to look for help. I don't have money to go to a lawyer but it would mean a lot to the three of us if...

Husband adopt my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

I just got married and I have a two year old daurhter that's albino by a nothere man and my husband would love to asopd her. We have a nothere girl that's his and we want both of them to have to same last name. But the bad thing is I can't find my older darhters real dad but he's not on her papers...

How can my husband adopt my daughter? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband would like to adopt my daughter.She just turned 2 this Nov. but my husband was there for me through my pregnancy and her birth.He has raised her ever since.There is no father listed on the birth certificate but I think I know who the real father is.He is convicted of sexual assault of a...

Can my husband adopt my daughter if her father is not around? [ 13 Answers ]

I live with my husband and I have my daughter,which is not his biologically,but I also have a son that is his,so I was wondering if it is that he could adopt her without the father's consent,keeping in mind that her father is nowhere to be found.

View more questions Search