Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    John Nishimoto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 10:08 PM
    Kenmore 80 Series Dryer - no heat
    :confused: I have a Kenmore 80 series dryer that tumbles but does not give any heat in any modes. We've cleaned the lint out and we have clear passage through the vent. This is a gas dryer. Any ideas?

Does this have a pilot light maybe?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 10:17 PM
    I found this site -- Will try to find more -- Do not know if there is a pilot

Gas Dryers, gas dryer smells, no heat tests on a gas dryer, no flame on a gas dryer, how to take apart information

Appliance Parts from RepairClinic.com - Troubleshooting: Dryer
    Scroll down the page ---> Gas Dryers -- Bottom of the page

Hope this helps -- Good Luck with this problem
    poolhost Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2011, 03:30 PM
    Does the kenmore heavy duty have a pilot light? If so where would it be?
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2011, 02:02 AM
    You just think you cleaned out lint. Take drier apart and clean it very well and then replace blown thermal limiter. It is oval and has two wire attached and is near burner. Check with ohm meter which if bad will read infinity. Vacuum out motor all other parts wash out and scrape out if necessary. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore gas dryer, 80 series-NO HEAT [ 2 Answers ]

I have a kenmore gas dryer, that up until this point I have had no problems with-i dried a load of towels yesterday and then later that day the dryer was turning the clothes but there was no heat!--where do I look first?

Kenmore Dryer 90 series [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, I have little experience with trouble shooting appliances so my first question is going to be kind of silly to those that have even a little experience. I have a Kenmore 90 series @ 10 years old and it isn't heating. Everything else seems to be working properly. At first I assumed it...

Kenmore 60 series dryer [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have a diagram of the dryer belt assembly? Also I just got done cleaning it extensively and wanted to know why the motor keeps going out. Before I took it apart it would work good for about 20-30 minutes. And then make a real loud noise and then shut off I figured it was because it was...

View more questions Search