Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wardster Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2005, 09:55 AM
    Concrete vs. Fiberglass
    I'm looking for a reason NOT to use premade fiberglass shells.
    Any insights? Am I missing something?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2005, 09:36 AM
    If money is no issue, go with concrete.

Typically, fiberglass shells are much cheaper... at least in my area.
    spa and pool doc Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 05:42 AM
    Concrete is twice as strong and twice as thick, hence the reason house slabs are made of it and not fiberglass. You also have all variables with concrete including shape, depth and surface finish. We build concrete pools, spas and swim spas for around the same price as fiberglass ones, so price if you shop around should be much of a issue ither.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking Fiberglass Tub/Shower [ 3 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedHi, We purchased a 2 year old Colonial three months ago. Last week, after a bath in the upstairs master bathroom, I notice two lines of wetness (in the drywall seams)on the dining room ceiling which is directly below the master bath. We inspected the tub, and noticed a new crack...

Fiberglass Tub Install [ 7 Answers ]

I've been reading up on doing this and see that it is addressed here slightly, with the help of speedball1, I believe. Anyway, we want to do the job right and would like to know if there are specifics on the web on how to put the cement down. Do we frame in under the tub so the cement doesn't...

Fiberglass Inground Pool.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone! Does anyone have any insight or experience related to having a fiberglass inground pool installed? Any information, pitfalls, pros & cons appreciated! Thank you in advance!:)

Fiberglass shower/tub removal [ 1 Answers ]

Would like advice/instruction on how to remove a fiberglass all-in-one shower/tub unit. Thanks in advance for help!

Leaky fiberglass shower [ 5 Answers ]

We remodeled our home recently and this included removing a tile shower and replacing it with a fiberglass shower which was on the second floor. The installation was done by a plumber. We noticed it leaking almost from the start. It drips into the room below down the ceiling fan only when my...

View more questions Search