Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1991 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2006, 01:23 AM
    Drain pipe inspection
    Had to get down there and noticed my trap is close to three feet from drain. Strainer. Pvc was extended away from this trap to middle of custom shower. In other words, shower drain pipe drops 6 inches into 2" pvc pipe that extends horizontally into original bathtub drain trap. It has worked great. Just wondered what the maximum distance is generally considered OK for trap distance from drain strainer.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 17, 2006, 05:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1991
    Had to get down there and noticed my trap is close to three feet from drain. strainer. Pvc was extended away from this trap to middle of custom shower. In other words, shower drain pipe drops 6 inches into 2" pvc pipe that extends horizontally into original bathtub drain trap. It has worked great. Just wondered what the maximum distance is generally considered ok for trap distance from drain strainer.
    There is no maximum distance for a trap raiser to extend up to the dtain. In fact the more drop the greater velocity the discharge has. This scours the trap and keeps the line clear. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overflowing drain pipe [ 3 Answers ]

My washing machine drain pipe overflows and at the same time the water overflows into the sink. I just moved into this house.It was built in 1964. I am connected to a sewer system. I have already tried liquid plummer a couple of times . Still having the same problem. All of the other drains are...

Help me with my Drain Pipe [ 2 Answers ]

I had ceramic tile installed in an upstairs bathroom and a laundry room last week. I removed the toilet from upstairs bathroom and a washer and dryer from the laundry room on the main floor prior to installation. I put the toilet back on this week and reconnected the washer and dryer in the...

How to run a 3"drain pipe [ 5 Answers ]

The relocation of my upstairs bathroom requires the change of the 3" abs drain pipe. The pipe starts at the toilet, after approx. 3 feet of horizontal run a 2" shower drain is connected with a Y-piece. Then after another 2 feet is a 1 1/2" sink drain connected with another Y pice. After 1 foot of...

Bathroom sink wall pipe drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My house was built in early 70's.. No plastic.. I'm putting in a new sink and had to remove the wall pipe that goes into the wall.. I needed a longer one. It seem where it goes in behind the wall into the plumbing there was some type of gasket as pieces of it fell out when I removed the pipe.. I...

Kitchen drain pipe [ 2 Answers ]

In a sink located in the second floor apt kitchen the drain line under the sink draining away from the sink pitches upward into the soil pipe causing the sink to back up. What should do to remedy this? Should I also remove the old soil stack going up to the roof because of possible blockage in the...

View more questions Search