Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bobbi47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2014, 08:44 AM
    Co-worker
    I have a co-worker who is at the same level as me who continually disrespects and embarrasses me in front of customers. He's been reported several times by me and other employees but still continues with the same behavior. How should I handle this?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 28, 2014, 09:15 AM
    I would totally ignore the fool while finding out why nothing is done about it. Go ask your boss in person.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 28, 2014, 09:33 AM
    1) Is he a friend or relative of someone who does hiring?
    2) Does he make more money for the company than anyone else?
    3) Do customers get to express their feelings about employees, and do they rate him highly?

Any one of those getting a 'yes' means you might as well give up and endure it, or quit.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 29, 2014, 04:58 AM
    Have you told them, directly what they are doing.

Have you made a formal complaint, to a higher up boss, if the lower ones are not.
    Illusion Posts: 195, Reputation: 33

Jan 9, 2015, 12:21 AM
    Man, this is hard situation to be in. And I can relate because I myself have had to deal with several bozos at work. I just recently had to write an e-mail to request that I be moved to another section because of the supervisor. Basically, she screams, belittles, accuses and makes life miserable for all on board. I have tried to talk with her, tried to ignore it, tried to stay positive, tried to remind myself of good things, prayed and prayed some more, talked to other people - and talked to her, mind you - not once, not twice - but several times. And guess what? She does not get it. That is right. She does not recognize or realize how truly mean she is, how absolutely intolerable her behavior is and how much I have tried to resolve this in a calm and polite way. And how her behavior hurts.

This person that I am telling you about is emotionally limited - and that is to put it politely. Mentally limited - with an MBA. There are just people in the world that will hurt you and not see that they have hurt you - and don't care! Yes, do not care! What a surprise! It has only taken me 30 years to figure that out. What a major disappointment because now it is my problem on how I am going to save myself from this. Since she is not going to change, doesn't care to change and sees nothing wrong in her behavior. Because I requested to be moved, she apologized to me. She finally knew that I was angry and that I had enough of her nonsense so she wanted to make sure to not only apologize but to tell me what a wonderful employee I was. Yeah, she was scared in the moment and wanted to "fix" it because she is scared of management (another nightmare).

I did my part - and I will always do my part. But you know what? There are bozos in the world and no matter what you do you are not going to change them. You have to go to plan B - which is what I am doing now. Get yourself out of there, remove yourself and save yourself because you cannot change another person. You have to move on - leave or change jobs or ask to be sent to another section. Some people are never going to see that their emotional issues just hurt other people. Move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Soc Worker argued with my boyfriend, he filed complaint, Worker now says he is unsafe [ 1 Answers ]

DCFS Worker is accusing my boyfriend of being abuse and threatening to take action about 'the children's situation' because the Worker herself started an argument with him and he argued back. The very idea of abuse is absurd. DCFS removed my Ex's visitation rights this summer. I am the...

Dating a co worker? [ 4 Answers ]

Soo I guess I just need some advice.. I have a co worked I have had my eye on for a while. He seems to be intrested to from what I see. I guess what I'm asking is what are the does and donts to asking out a co worker? How do you make it not aqward when you still have to see them if it's a no.

Setting up care worker or support worker agency [ 5 Answers ]

I will like to know the requirements for setting up care worker or support worker agency. Thanks

Co worker [ 6 Answers ]

Co worker is telling lies, accusing me things that I am not doing. In general just trying to start crap because this person has a hatred of me. There have been comments and other things that were said about me or even too me. My way of dealing with this is to ignore and just concern myself with...

View more questions Search