Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcham Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 03:46 PM
    Waiver of Paternity testing.
    My son and his girlfriend sign a waiver for paternity testing. They broke up and now she wants to take him off the birth certificate and has gotten a court order to have the paternity of the child tested. He has refused to do the test, likely the child isn't his biologically yet wants to continue to be her parent. Does he have the right to refuse to test based on the waiver they both signed.
    dcham Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2012, 03:48 PM
    Paternity waiver state of Colorado
    Can a court order a paternity test when the parents both signed a waiver in the state of Colorado that says they have 60 days to contest or change and then it is permanent.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 27, 2012, 04:31 PM
    Waiver of what? Generally one can't waive their rights away.

Its to the advantage of both possible parents to have a test affirm paternity.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 27, 2012, 04:41 PM
    I've merged your two threads. Did your son sign an acknowledgment of paternity? As I said, the waiver probably has no legal standing. If the mother wants to challenge your son as father she can. If she asks the court to order a test, they likely will.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paternity testing [ 2 Answers ]

Can an alleged father have an adult child (24) legally tested for parentage in Tennessee, or is there a statue of limitations? The mother is now suing for back child support but the courts never established paternity and the adult child is now 24 years of age! What if anything can be done to...

Paternity Testing [ 18 Answers ]

If a mother in the state of Tennessee has a baby and the alleged father sighnes the birth cert and the Volentary acknoledgment of paturnity and has moved to the state of Mississippi will the father be granted a paturnity test or has he already assumed Paturnity of the child?

Paternity Testing [ 5 Answers ]

If a mother does not list a father on her baby's birth certificate, does she have to submit her child to a DNA test if a man requests it. She is also not interested in child support at all.

Paternity testing [ 1 Answers ]

By law who can ask for paternity test. is aknoldgement of paternity enough? Can guardian ask for test?

Paternity testing [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a teenager and my child is due today but I'm not 100% sure who the father is! And I don't have any possible way of getting the money for a paternity test wich is desperately needed. Is there any way of getting a paternity test done for free?

View more questions Search