Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    craigcaldwell Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2011, 07:32 AM
    Hayward DE pool filter high pressure even after cleaning
    I have a Hayward DE pool filter for my above ground pool that I have been having some problems with so far this year. The issue is having very short cycles between needing to be regenerated. The pool was very dirty to begin with (still cloudy and haven't quite gotten all the junk out yet), so I have changed the DE three times figuring it had to do with the DE getting dirty quickly because of the water quality. The other day I gave the filter elements an acid wash for about 8 hours. However, I am still having the same problem even after the acid wash. I need to regenerate the filter every 2-3 hours or there is basically no pressure returning to the pool. After bumping the filter the pressure reads around 15 psi... is this a normal level? Does anybody know what else could be causing such a low flow back into the pool after only a few hours? Last summer I only had to bump the filter once a week or so and I had good return pressure pretty much all the time. Could this problem clear up once the water gets nice and clean/clear? Thanks for the help.

Craig
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

Jun 27, 2011, 10:49 PM
    What is happening is that because the water is so dirty and you possibly will have a undersized filter on the pool this will be the normal until you get the water clear. Mix up and put in 5-6 lbs of shock, that'll help to get it clear

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High pressure on pool pump [ 4 Answers ]

I have an above ground pool. When the filter is on the pressure usually stays around 30. Now it is registering as high as the gauge will go. I lost my manuals in Katrina. Can anyone help? Sorry.. the pressure usually stays at 15 now it is as high as it will register!

I would like to add remote control to my pool light (Hayward LED light). [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to add remote control to my pool light (Hayward LED light). I have a indoor 15 amp remote control but it does not have ground to it. It's a 2 prong box to connect to a wall outlet and then an appliance or lights to allow the remote to turn it off or on. How can I use it to power on...

Pump won't lite after cleaning filter and inner filter [ 1 Answers ]

Filter was complet mush and guk, also in the pump I took out and cleaned the screen , all good now, I primed filter and pump but still would not ignite. Blnk blk blk, after 3 second hold button furnace attempts then must hold for 30 secs to reset from lockout. SO after many attemps, "does it every...

Hayward H150 Pool heater [ 7 Answers ]

Hello - all, My son and I are trying to get an H150, back on-line. Jim does the gas work, I watch over his shoulder and annoy him. Any way, All of the switches in the array on the inside panel have been replaced. The pilot light is lit, however, the main gas flow does not kick in to allow...

View more questions Search