Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SilviaReynoso Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 02:31 PM
    MS Access 2003 Creating a form with input of ranges of data
    Dear Scott,

I tried attaching the front and back end of my database and I got the following message, "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.
    If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error." I think the database exceeds the file size to be attached.

Silvia

I've tried using the criteria equation, >=[Forms]![District Report Subform by Date and Health Score]![txtlowscore] And <=[Forms]![Report Subform by Date and Health Score]![txthighscore], but it did not work. I also tried using Between [Forms]![District Report Subform by Date and Health Score]![txtlowscore] And [Forms]![Report Subform by Date and Health Score]![txthighscore]. This also did not work. When I try entering the score range with either one for a range of 0 to 20 I get values anywhere from 0 to 100 which is outside the range I'm looking for.

I'm out of nails to bite. :-(
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 1, 2009, 02:42 PM

Did you try zipping the files together? Make sure you do a compact and repair first. Also you may need to strip out all but the objects I need to test with.

Apr 1, 2009, 03:05 PM
    Scott,

I did the compact and repair. The combined files are of size 7.73 MB and the forum only allows 97.7 KB.

I don't know how to strip the database of everything but the objects. Not sure what that means.

Apr 1, 2009, 03:11 PM
    Scott,

I stripped the query to just the scores and dates and ran the query with the aforementioned code. The date seems to be working but the score range does not work.
    The weird part that I noticed is that the range works except when it comes to the value of 100. The data set ranges in values from 0 to 100. No matter what range I search for whatever reason the values of 100 keep showing up. Very puzzling.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 1, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SilviaReynoso View Post
    Scott,

I stripped the query to just the scores and dates and ran the query with the aforementioned code. The date seems to be working but the score range does not work.
    The weird part that I noticed is that the range works except when it comes to the value of 100. The data set ranges in values from 0 to 100. No matter what range I search for whatever reason the values of 100 keep showing up. Very puzzling.
    If its only records that have a score of 100, then check those records and make sure they were entered as numbers. One other thing to try, this is odd, but try putting two hidden controls on the form with a controlsource of:

=CINT([txtHigh]) and =CINT([txtLow])

then reference those two controls instead of the others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collect data into 2 combo boxes from data in an access table [ 1 Answers ]

I have two combo boxes. When the form loads the db connection opens a recordset that selects all the data from the retaillocations table. When you choose the region (0-4), that number loads into a text box and the Contacts load into the forst combo box. Now I want to select only the Name based on...

Creating A Macro Using an Input Table - Another Attempt [ 7 Answers ]

In my posting yesterday, it was being intreprete that I wanted someone to breach security and that was very much not the case. What I was trying to attempt is to hopefully have someone help me duplicate the macro so I can put it in my document because I don't have to access to get to the coding...

Creating a Macro Using An Input Table [ 2 Answers ]

I have a sample document that I could provide someone that will show the macro that I need to use in a new document I have created. It currently has a password on it and I would like to duplicate it, but unable to get access to the coding due to the password restriction. If you are interested...

From 3 columns of data creating a 4th column with the most recent columns data [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help with an excel query I have... I have 3 columns of information and want to summarise the most recent information in to a 4th column. i.e. the most up to date information. If the most recent column is blank use the information from the 2nd most recent...

View more questions Search