Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brickstack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2011, 04:48 AM
    Can I remove a few bricks from the middle of the chimney stack from my fireplace?
    I want to remove the bricks from the part of the stack that is in an upstairs room so I can temporarily feed some ducting into it? I will be removing an area of about a Sq Foot
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 11, 2011, 05:07 AM

I assume you never use this for any real fire or heat, it is merely a old unused chimmey
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2011, 08:43 AM

Is this an active chimney?If so the answer is no. Will let fumes from use below into upper area.

If inactive, would recommend blocking at lower inlet so as it can not be used in future.

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Building bricks are closely stack in a pile 7ft. High, 36ft. Long, and 12ft. Wide. [ 2 Answers ]

If the bricks are 2 in. by 4 in. by 9 in. how many bricks are in a pile?

A few bricks in our fireplace need replacing. I want to do it myself. [ 1 Answers ]

A few refractory bricks are loose and two are falling out. How do I fix them.

Painting stucco fireplace wall.and accent bricks [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - I'm hoping that someone can help me with a few questions I have about my Fireplace in my craftsman/bungalow. I want to paint over the existing color on the fireplace wall, which is stucco. (The other walls in the room I've already painted). I'm also not too keen on the color of the...

Bricks falling of the top of my chimney! [ 26 Answers ]

I knew the top of my chimney had some loose bricks when I bought the house 2 years ago. However, 3 days ago an entire brick fell off the top and took a chunk of shingle with it! I have 2 masons coming to give me an estimate on Sunday. I've been told by a few people that even though it only looks...

Fireplace insert- chimney [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We recently had our chimney cleaned, costing $160. We have a fireplace insert. The person who cleaned it said our chimney was not safe without a liner-it does have flute. He estimated us $1300 ot put one in and said I don't feel comfortable with you using it. I called my insurance and...

View more questions Search