Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bassam_darwish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 09:27 AM
    Getting Quick and Fast Certification
    Hello Friend,

Basically I have made a big mistake in my career life as I started working young in an automobile company first as a sales clerk but thanks to god and after that to the hard work I am now an IT Officer for almost 6 years.

The mistake was that I couldn't finish my degree despite I entered to two universities but came out before finishing the semster because the work pressure and stress was too high and I work long hours as well

As a result I have a good work experience in IT but with no proper certifications!!

Currently I am having big troubles in my job and fear that I may loss it and what is worst that I don't know what to do in case this happened?!

I need a good idea to get a fast and good certifications as soon as possible considering the cost as well.

I will appreciate any advice could help me for digging myself from the whole I put myself in.

Hoping to receive your valuable answer

Bassam Darwish
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 06:48 PM
    There are IT training courses available online. I don't know how good any of them are. But, it might be worth your while to take a look at them. Please click on the following link:

"IT" Training Courses Certification - Google Search
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 07:04 PM
    I would think if you after 6 years are doing a good job, providing them a properr service, that certification should not be an issue at this point and time after working there for so long.

Are there other issues involved ?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    I would think if you after 6 years are doing a good job, providing them a properr service, that certification should not be an issue at this point and time after working there for so long.
    This is true.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 29, 2007, 08:16 PM
    I'm guessing from your post that the problem is not that you aren't certified, but that your English writing (and maybe speaking?) needs improvement. You didn't say exactly what you do as IT person. Your supervisors may have concerns about how you communicate with coworkers and the public. Your supervisors may have concerns about poor spelling and grammar as you work on the company Web site.

You said, "Currently I am having big troubles in my job and fear that I may loss it and what is worst that I don't know what to do in case this happened??!!!" (There are at least four mistakes in that sentence.) Is there someone in a supervisory position at work whom you can ask about these "big troubles"? Or can you explain to us what they are, if you already know?

I suspect the "big troubles" have to do with how you communicate (or something about you personally), rather than your expertise in IT. Six years at the same company is long enough to prove yourself as competent with IT issues.
    bassam_darwish Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2007, 08:45 AM
    It's true that I'm not much in english grammar however I don't have troubles in that aspect where I am standing right now.

Basically I am having troubles at work concerning to work pressure, tension, stress etc and other boring stuff I guess as the point I need advice on is how could I certify myself as soon as possible to meet the standards ad get a better job of course.

Currently I am handling network problems, servers, exchange, desktop users, backups, IT policies etc moreover I have my ambition is to be Oracle DBA certified on a supervisory level

I believe that there is nothing is impossible if the right perspective and view (idea) is been generated into actions moreover I am trying to share with your idea's if you were in my seat.

Thank You,

Bassam Darwish
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 3, 2007, 09:43 AM
    Thank you for giving additional information. That helps a lot!

Please see a counselor for a few hours to learn how to deal with job stress. Even if you get a job that you like, especially if it is as a supervisor, there will be stress.

Or look for classes--sometimes a library or a park district or a YMCA will offer classes in stress and in relaxation.

Are special or college classes needed to prepare for Oracle certification? I have cataloged library books that contain Oracle information and are partly study guides. Or can you study on your own and take a test, as for A+ certification?

You may have to save enough money so you can stop work for a while in order to go to classes somewhere. That way you will avoid the stress of doing so much each day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Certification Tips [ 7 Answers ]

I'm currently studying for my MCSA certification, then moving on to MCSE. I'm also planning on getting my Network+, A+, and CCNA certifications. I currently have (just recently obtained) the MCP and MCDST from Microsoft, and SCA from HDI. What other certs would you recommend, and what yould...

UL Certification in Saudi Arabia? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if UL Certification is a requirement in Saudi Arabia? We are reworking a motor for a piece of hospital equipment to be 220v/60mz and need to know if we have to go through this step to export.

View more questions Search