Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brianamiller Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2013, 11:11 AM
    I want to get custody of my 4 year old twin brother and sister
    My names Briana I'm 18 , I live with my mom right now as my father is incarcerated . I have half twin brother & sister through my father . Their mother is not a great mother , she has 4 kids & they are homeless . My brother & sister have never been in school or daycares . Ive been keeping them for weekends fot the past couple of months now . They love staying with me . My dad has police reports about my little brother being abused I think I can use in court . Can someone please help me I really want to get custody to change their lives before its to late .
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 6, 2013, 11:19 AM
    What state or country is in in which you are located?

Are you employed and do you make a good income? Because in most states, an adoption like this would require a home study which, in addition to the costs and attorney fees involved, can cost a considerable amount of money.

Where is the father?

Have you considered simply getting written permission from the children's' parents that you keep and care for them? I believe that would be a more achievable solution.
    brianamiller Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2013, 11:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    What state or country is in in which you are located?

Are you employed and do you make a good income? Because in most states, an adoption like this would require a home study which, in addition to the costs and attorney fees involved, can cost a considerable amount of money.

Where is the father?

Have you considered simply getting written permission from the children's' parents that you keep and care for them? I believe that would be a more achievable solution.
    Im in Pa , Im Currently not employed but my mom is willing to help me . She Wants custody but their mom doesn't like my mom... My father is a a state prison right now. I Know their mom will let me get custody because she doesn't want them because she has other kids she has to worry about . Im going to ask her but I just want to have something's to back me up
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Nov 6, 2013, 12:05 PM
    As I say, your best bet is to get a document from the parents consenting that you have custody of the children. Be sure that it authorizes you to enroll them in school, authorize health care, etc.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 6, 2013, 01:12 PM
    This is going to be hard. Since you don't have a job you can't really support them. But your mom is not their mom and if their mom refuses to go along, the courts may not allow it.

I would suggest you try for temporary guardianship first, but it will be an uphill battle. If there are police reports there may be a child services case. If there is I would first approach thier case worker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Older sister wants custody of younger brother [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 25-year-old woman seeking custody of my 16-year-old brother who is out of control in my mother's care. We are technically half siblings, but I raised him. His biological father is my stepdad, who adopted me when I was 13. My parents both worked a lot and so I was left to care for my brother...

How can I gain custody of my deceased sister's twin girls? [ 6 Answers ]

October 31, 2003 my baby sister passed away (heart attack in her sleep 5'10" 118lbs). She was a resident of Illinois when she passed away and I live in Indianapolis Indiana. After her passing the girls lived with me and my family (consists of my mom, my twin girls and my son). Upon a visit to...

My 8 year old is hitting her older sister and younger brother [ 18 Answers ]

Please help me, I am at my wits end with my 8 year old daughter. She had been hitting my 11 year old daughter. My oldest is watching the kids after school and this summer and the hitting has escalated and now she is hitting the 5 year old son. I have tried to reason with her, time out,...

View more questions Search